Search for content in message boards

Lev Surname

Lev Surname

Posted: 31 Dec 2001 4:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Nov 2004 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Lev
My great great grandfather Albert Lev came to the USA in the 1880's and settled in Linn County, IA before moving to Jackson County, MN in 1890. He was married to Anna Veverda. His son Albert married Mary Benda in 1897. Anyone have a connection to this family?

Re: Lev Surname

teresa@earthlink.net (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2002 4:15PM GMT
A Eleanor Lev stayed with my family, Joseph and Theresa (Bunderle) Mack in the twin cities in the 1920's. She latered married a Homer Lanning and returned to Jackson.

Teresa (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2002 4:19PM GMT
I forgot to mention that Joseph's mother's name was Anna Vevera.

Posted: 25 Feb 2002 7:07PM GMT
Eleanor was the daughter of Frank Lev and Anna Benesh of Jackson, MN. Frank was a brother to my Great Grandfather Albert Lev. Albert was married to Anna Veverka. Do you think that Anna Veverka and Anna Vevera are the same person? If so, was she married twice? Once to a Mack and a second time to a Lev? It sure looks like there is a connection here. Would you email me with what you know about Eleanor and her parents?

Thanks,

Jerry

I'll share all I know about the Lev side if you are interested. I'm trying to dig deeper into the Lev's.

Posted: 25 Feb 2002 9:42PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2002 6:47PM GMT
Jerry,

Do you know anything about the Anna Veverka you mentioned?
Did she come from the Ceske Budjovice area of CR??

Thank you

Posted: 25 Feb 2002 11:01PM GMT
All I know is that she was Albert Lev's wife. Albert was born in the USA....I think in Illinois around 1863 give or take a few years. That information was taken from the Jackson County History book published in 1919 or something close to that. I could look in the court house and see if she has a death certificate.

Re: Lev Surname...Anna Veverka correction

Posted: 26 Feb 2002 3:10AM GMT
I'm sorry, but I told you the wrong information regarding Anna Veverka. She was my Great Great Grandmother and married Albert Lev (both my Great Grandfather and Great Great Grandfather were named Albert). I think she was born around August of 1840 but, I'm not sure where. If you have some information that might match up, I'd love to hear about it. Anna died on 4/18/1909. Her middle initial was "M". She had 4 children that I know of. Albert, Frank, Anna and Mary. They had to live in Bohemia because her son Albert was born there. The kids were born in the 1870's.

Re: Lev Surname...Anna Veverka correction

Posted: 26 Feb 2002 4:02PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2002 6:47PM GMT
Jerry,

I will have to look at my papers to see if I have much. I am not really searching Veverkas except as likely connections to my search for birthplace of my gr-grandfather John Hanus, but have collected some information. He settled in Belmont County, Ohio and there are a few Veverkas who did also.
Thank you for your response,
Betty

Posted: 3 May 2008 6:15AM GMT
we are related and I have a family picture of the albert family

Bill Lev

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 11:54AM GMT
Hi Uncle Bill. I started searching for some information going back past Frank, but the earliest Lev i found was Albert H. Lev from Bohemia. I'll facebook you for the info. :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic