Search for content in message boards

John Guy Smith Born NY Lived Cortland Co

John Guy Smith Born NY Lived Cortland Co

Posted: 13 Jan 2005 12:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith , Morse,Luce, Baker
I am looking for the family of John Guy Smith born June 1845 Ny to Julius and Sarah A Morse Smith. John Married Alice or Mary Alice Luce this was her 2nd mar she had married a Baker before 1881. John Guy Smith had the following children
Everett H Smith born abt 1890 Ny and Alice M born 1896 Ny
He had a Stepdaughter Vera Baker born 1881. In 1900 John Smith lived in Lapeer ,1910 Virgel, 1920 Homer. John Smith died Aug 18 1925 Does anyone know this family?
Thank you
Sherry

Re: John Guy Smith Born NY Lived Cortland Co

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2005 1:20AM GMT
Who were his siblings?

Posted: 29 Jan 2005 1:57AM GMT
Kathy, his brothers were Luther Henry b 1847 and Julius Odell b 1864 his sisters were Betsey Minerva married a Sisson,
Mary Cornelia married a Millard , Caroline Cordelia married Stephen Hopkins from Virgil , Sarah Amelia married a Patterson. They were born Onondaga co Lived in Hastings Oswego Co for a while. But their father Julius was born Tully Onondaga Co in 1812 there were 12 children in his family born from 1798 to 1822 But witth names like William b 1802 John 1811 George 1814James 1820 Salley 1810 Uriah I believe went to Nebraska Hophni went to Ohio with brother Spencer . Spencer came back to NY after 1840 I think he is in Madison Co. David stayed in Tully till his Mother died and then went to Ohio. Hannah married a Deyo and I can not find her after 1860 in Tull, Onondaga Eldest Elizabeth born 1798 married a Savage and moved to Ill .Julius moved alot so was in different counties So I am looking for the Uncles and cousins of John Guy Smith as well. Family history suggests they stayed in the surounding counties. BUT WHICH ONE?
they have common names as well as being a Smith!
Sherry

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2005 11:52PM GMT
None of the siblings match my family, but the father's family looks more promising. Do you know if any of them moved to Mercer or Crawford County PA? Thanks

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
John Guy Smith married to Mary Alice Luce are burried in Virgil Cemetary. My grandmother was Mary Alice Smith whom Married Maynard Brown. I am trying to trace my family tree also. Very difficult.

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Guy Smith married to Hannah(no last name found) had 7 children Betsy Minerva,John Guy, Luther Henery,Mary Cornelia, Caroline Cornelia, Sarah Amelia and Julius Odell Smith.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions