Search for content in message boards

John Owen Smith b 1841 + Selena Johnson b 1837

Sarah SMITH b 1861 TX

Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Oct 2008 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: SMITH
Regarding your post below, I am interested in your SMITHS. My g-grandmother Sarah SMITH (b1861 TX according to census) had a brother known to us only as "T" SMITH. These SMITHs were in the Chickasaw Nation from at least 1888 to the 30s or so. I believe they had at least one sibling around the Davis or Pauls Valley around 1887-1888. Some of this family lived around the old Fort Arbuckle area in later years. Do you have any additional siblings of your John or children's names?

Looking for any info on John Owen Smith(paddlefoot) and

John Owen Smith b 1841 + Selena Johnson b 1837

Arla Williams (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2008 3:17AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Smith, Bailey
Looking for any info on John Owen Smith(paddlefoot) and Selena Johnson Smith his wife.They lived in the Chickasaw Nation 1890- John is buried in Oakman Cemetery but can't find where Selena is buried. John Owen Smith b12-9-1841,d 10-17-1911 He was reportedly a Sheriff or Marshal and was born in Alabama.
Selena Johnson, 1837 d 1913. Born in Rankin Co. MS to Matilda Johnson who later married a John Bailey.
Any info appreciated. Arla Williams

Smith, Courtney

Posted: 27 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2008 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Courtney, Cotney
My gggmother was Permelia Ann Smith. Could she be related to Sarah? Permelia married Asa Cotney (Courtney) and had MANY children. Any information appreciated.

Carl Alvin Renison b.1924 OK - died 1985 CA

Linda Claire Renison c/o Cynthia (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Renison
Chichasaw Nation County, IT

Don't know if my cousin is a relative (Renison):
It's possible that my cousin (Linda Claire Renison) is related - don't know the geneological connection for sure.

Her dad, who disappeared from her life when she was 2 (50+ years ago - in Los Angeles) was Carl Alvin Renison, born in Oklahoma in 1924, died in Sacramento, CA in 1985. She knows (thinks) he is Native American, that his mother's maiden surname was Leon, and that her first name was Ava or something similar. The Social Sec. people showed his last known residence as Virginia. His dad's name was Thomas and his brother was Wade. He had two other daughters that she knows about, but doesn't know their names. There's some connection with Yuba City, CA, as well, where either Thomas or Wade owned a farm.

She's interested in her roots, not just to satisfy her curiosity, but for her children and grandchildren. I had time (well, took time) today to track him down and was successful. But now we'd like to know the rest of the family. My uncle raised her as his own, but never legally adopted her. She'd be a wonderful addition to any family.

She'd be on line herself, but she's surrounded by Montana wild fires and her computer is packed, just in case...

Thank you for any help you might be able to give. I will certainly share everything I know, or have been able to find out.

Sincerely,

Cynthia Hodge Johnson

Permelia Ann Smith

Posted: 13 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2002 4:25PM GMT
Surnames: Cotney
Permelia Ann Smith was my ggrandmother. My grandfather, Floyd Franklin Cothey, was her son. He was born in Denton Texas on 6/22/1894. I'm looking for information on Asa Cotney. Was he from ChichasawNation Co?

Re: Smith, Courtney

jean newman (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2002 7:19PM GMT
I am the granddaughter of asa cotney. we probably are confused with courtneys, any one by that name that I know say we arn't related, so where did this come from? and do you know I think this has been confused with the name Coatney also. If not please enlighten me.My dad's name is Cotney.

Re: Carl Alvin Renison b.1924 OK - died 1985 CA

Posted: 6 Oct 2008 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: Renison, Snider, Snyder
I have a Carl Alvin Renison in my database. His father was Thomas P Renison (b 17 Nov 1899, Custer Co., OK; d 04 Feb 1976, Solano Co., California). His mother was Ava Leon (b 24 Jul 1903, OK; d 17 Oct 1970, Sutter Co., California).

Thomas P Renison and Ava Leon had at least 3 children - Bonita, James, and Carl Alvin (no other dates confirmed).

Thomas P Renison's parents were James N Renison (b 25 Dec 1876, Collin Co, TX; d 18 Aug 1914, Custer City, Custer Co, Ok) and Mary Fanny Combs (b 25 Nov 1878, TX; d 01 May 1931, Custer Co., OK).

James N Renison parents were Pelagh Weedin/Weeden Renison (b Feb 1848, MO; d 02 Jun 1916, Custer Co., OK) and Mary Etta Snider (b 28 Apr 1845, East Fairfield, Columbiana Co., OH; d 23 Sep 1921, Custer City, Custer Co., OK).

My father's line links to Mary Etta Snider's parents (Martin Snider OH and Sarah Kannal OH).

I have more information on the Snider and Renison lines, but not specifically Carl Alvin, other than a wife as listed in the Texas Birth Index by name of Billye with child Carlette Marie Renison.

Re: Carl Alvin Renison b.1924 OK - died 1985 CA

Posted: 27 Dec 2008 10:10PM GMT
Surnames: Renison, Rider
My grandmother, Carlette Marie Renison, is trying to get more information on the Renison and Rider ancestors, as well as information regarding the Chickasaw Nation. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

We also have more info on closer relatives such as my great grandpa, Carl Alvin Renison, and all of his children and grand children.

Re: John Owen Smith b 1841 + Selena Johnson b 1837

Posted: 14 Feb 2009 2:14AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2009 5:29AM GMT
Surnames: smith
to whom it may concern selena is burried at oakman cemetary in ada okla mistake about her grave now there is a new tumbstone for her next to john smith how are you related to her and john i might can help you out on research thanks deborah speaks you can email me at speaksdeborah@yahoo.com

Re: John Owen Smith b 1841 + Selena Johnson b 1837

Posted: 30 Aug 2009 4:54AM GMT
Surnames: Payne
Hello,
Sorry to be off subject here, but you have Fred Stephen Payne in your tree. I am more than 99% certain he is my Grandmother's brother. I have been looking for her brothers for four/five years now.

Email me at aking991@hotmail.com.

Thanks.

Alan King
per page

Find a board about a specific topic