Search for content in message boards

Rutherford County, Historical Society

Rutherford County, Historical Society

Posted: 1 Jan 2003 11:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jun 2003 12:17PM GMT
Does anyone have the email addy or mail addy of the Historical Society in Rutherford County. I found my ggg grandfathers grave site and it is in Disray and a disaster. Im trying to find out what I need to get premission to clean it up. It is overgrown and neglected very badly. Need Help in contacting who I have to so I can get it cleaned up and preserve some History of my family. It is on Gum Rd. in the Christina Area of Rutherford County.

Re: Rutherford County, Historical Society

Posted: 8 Jan 2003 7:46PM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2004 1:11PM GMT
As far as I know, the address is

Rutherford County Historical Society
P.O. Box 906
Murfreesboro 37230-0906

I do not of a phone number or e-mail address, I have been looking for one myself.

I believe, personally, that if your ancestor is buried somewhere, you have every right to go clean it up without asking permission-except maybe from the person who owns the land(who isn't always easy to locate). I think I would just gather some friends or relatives one nice day and just go do it!

Mike Watkins (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2003 9:59PM GMT
Oh we going to do it and as my understanding goes a cemetery is owned by the family not the people who known own the land but want to get that streight with the Historical society and my lawyer first. Its a shame how people disrespect history. TY for the addy. Mike

Sheila Varga (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2003 1:13AM GMT
Mike,

I saw your post about your ggg grandfather's grave. Is this on the Watkins side of your family?

This is your cousin, and I haven't kept in touch with you for a while, and was wondering if it was. if it is, let me know and maybe I can lend a hand to help get it cleaned.

Sheila (Watkins) Varga

Posted: 30 Jan 2003 1:17AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2003 12:17PM GMT
No Shelia its my Marlin line but if you conected to me on the Watkins side contact me at mewatkins49@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic