Search for content in message boards

W.A. Barksdale Franklin County, Alabama

W.A. Barksdale Franklin County, Alabama

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 12:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for W.A. Barksdale his sister was Mary Josephine Barksdale Hall. I do not know if W.A. Barksdale was younger or older than Mary, but he was still alive in 1961. My Mary has been one big mess. I found a copy of her obit. I have a picture of her headstone. The mess is her headstone says she was born in 1876 and died 1961. Her obit says she was 83 years old when she died. That does not add up. Does anyone have ancestry.com for 1920 census that would not mind looking her age listed on the census.
She is listed as the wife of Robert Hall with one daughter Rosella in Franklin County, Alabama.
I have looked at Houston Barksdale and Dianah Scott as being her parents more closely since I cannot determine her actual date of birth or her actual age when she died. Houston and Dianah had a daughter Mary born 1873. There are several siblings: Eva, Sarah, William and Mary just do not know if this is my family.
Thank you for any help.

Sue

Re: W.A. Barksdale Franklin County, Alabama

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 3:41AM GMT
Do you know if you have any Barksdale relatives that were in the Jefferson Alabama area? I have a lot of Walters in my Barksdale line. They ended up in the Bessemer area working the coal mines.

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 10:08AM GMT
Good morning,
No, I don't have anything on any Jefferson County Barksdales just the family line in North Alabama is all I have and that is just bits and pieces.
Do you have any Barksdales from Northwest Alabama?

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: Sammie L Barksdale, Annie Barksdale
Yes..myself ,my mother, grandfather etc all from Florence and then my grandfather's sister's family ended up in the Decatur area. Are those the areas you have bits and pieces from? Now there are Barksdale's in the Athen's area and Decatur area I belive that I spoke to and I think he said his family came down from VA.

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 4:57PM GMT
My line was James Hamilton Barksdale I do not know where he came from but he was the father of Mary Josephine Barksdale Hall (great grandmother),Mirinda Barksdale Yielding and a brother W.A. Barksdale. They all lived at one time at Halltown outside of Red Bay Alabama. I have found very little on them. Was told there was Cherokee in this line but I have never been able to find anything past James Hamilton Barksdale nothing about his wife the mother of the above children or where they came from. Was told North Carolina but have found no proof.

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 11:21PM GMT
In my quest if I discover any info I'll let you know. I am supposed to have Indian in my background as well.

Posted: 31 Aug 2011 12:26AM GMT
Thank you. I hope you find your family line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions