Search for content in message boards

Orphanage/adoption records

Orphanage/adoption records

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 1:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
In the late 1920's-1930's my Dad (Hoyt Davidson Gaines) and 2 of his siblings (Robert Joseph Gaines and George Cecil Gaines (Hohnbaum) were put in the Black Mountain Orphange in Black Mountain, North Carolina. I know the youngest sibling was adopted by a family by the last name of Hohnbaum. Does anyone know where I can obtain orphange/adoption records? There were 5 siblings in all, the 2 oldest, Ernest Howard Gaines and Thelma Louise Gaines were not put in the orphange, just the 3 younger siblings. Would appreciate any info someone may have on this situation.

Re: Orphanage/adoption records

Posted: 9 Sep 2011 5:02AM GMT
Im sure I've found your boy, Cecil Hohnbaum, born 1926 in NC living with parents and grandparents in Rocky Ford Colorado on 1930 census. Maybe you already know this. Contact me. I will tell you the names and info if you still need it. I am a search angel....free. mh

Posted: 9 Sep 2011 5:06AM GMT
George C Hohnbaum born 1926, living in Shearwood Arkansas, Look on zabasearch.com phone no. there.

Posted: 22 Sep 2011 7:47PM GMT
thank u for the info. what Im looking for is info on my Uncle Robert. I know the info on my Uncle Cecil, and I have reconnected with him and his family. =) Im really having a hard time finding info on my Uncle Robt. I know he was probably born in 1920-21, and he died in a plane crash during WW2, in Dec. 1944. I know he is buried in Kentucky, I just dont have any info about his life, from birth-death, really a mystery. I know they went into the orphanage between 1928-1930, after their Father died, and my Grandmother was left with 5 kids to raise. I know most of the other siblings were born in North or South Carolina. My Uncle Cecil is the only surviving sibling and since he was adopted he doesnt have alot of info on his brother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic