Search for content in message boards

Barry Family

Barry Family

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 8:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeking information about my great great grandmother, Caroline Frances Barry. Our family records indicate she was born in 1835 in Pictou. Her mother, Abigail, was also from (we think) Pictou though we don't not know her maiden name. There were four children in Caroline's family: Vincent, Sylvia,George and Caroline.

Re: Barry Family

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 10:47AM GMT
Hello, This is a very useful link you can try.

https://novascotiagenealogy.com/

Edwin Balcom

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 8:29PM GMT
Thanks. No luck yet but I'll keep searching. There must be some clues we will unearth at some point!

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 1:54AM GMT
I know there was a Caroline Barry, daughter of Anthony and Sarah (Ross) Barry, but this couple was born in the same generation as your Caroline. Anthony Barry came from a large family. His brother Joseph was b. in 1810 and I don't know whom he may have married, but he is a potential father. I descend from Anthony's sister, Mary Ann Barry who married John McIntosh and lived at Balfron, NS. Anthony Barry's father, James Barry (or Barrie) was from Perthshire, Scotland. His wife, Mary (Richards) Barry was a daughter of Joseph Richards who was from Perthshire, Scotland and Catherine McLellan whose father, Anthony McLellan was born in 1720 in Ayrshire, Scotland.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 4:32PM GMT
Thanks! We have now found that Caroline's parents were George Barry and Abagail Howe. It appears that Abagail Howe was born in Nova Scotia. George's parents appear to be Patrick Barry (1746-1814) and Deborah Smith (b ABT 1750). Until about 1810, Patrick and Deborah lived in Kitley Leeds, Ontario. Are there any records in your family of a Patrick Barry?

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 12:54PM GMT
No Patrick Barry to my knowledge. My Barry family came directly from Scotland to Nova Scotia. Your family may be from an Irish Barry family. Most of these Barry families are found in Wexford or Cork and Kerry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions