Search for content in message boards

Obit: Barbara WOODWARD (nee FINN): bn 1928 MA, died Jan 2006

Obit: Barbara WOODWARD (nee FINN): bn 1928 MA, died Jan 2006

Posted: 2 Mar 2006 3:37AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 4 Mar 2006 6:31PM GMT
Surnames: Woodward, Finn, Hodge, Pickens
Barbara F. WOODWARD Born January 23rd, 1928 in Boston. Passed away January 25th, 2006. She was surrounded by her family. Survivors include 3 children, Donna (John) Hodge, Dana Woodward, and Dawn Pickens; 6 grandchildren,..... and a brother, Jimmy Finn of Boston. Service will be at Holy Rosary Catholic Church in West Seattle on Saturday, 18th of February at 10:00 a.m. Memorial Reception will be at Salty's by the Bay, in West Seattle on Alki Beach, between 10:00 a.m and 4:00 p.m. on Monday, February 20th.
Published in print from 2/14/2006 - 2/15/2006.
- Courtesy of Legacy.com

[Note- I have omited the names of the grandchildren. I have a copy of this obituary in my files if one needs a copy. Also Mrs. Woodward is the widow of Donald B. Woodward who passed away in 1998]

Re: Obit: Barbara WOODWARD (nee FINN): bn 1928 MA, died Jan 2006 - Place of Death?

Posted: 4 Mar 2006 6:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 May 2013 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: Woodward, Finn
Hello Danielle -- thanks for posting this info but I notice it does not include a place of death. After reading the details, I assumed Mrs. WOODWARD died in Seattle since this is where her funeral took place but maybe this is a wrong assumption. Can you please reply with confirmation of the place of death?

Also, I notice that this obit was originally published in print. It may be helpful for others to know what newspaper this was.

I have no connection to this family at all. I am merely trying to clarify the info. Regards, Andrea (admin for FINN Surname Board)

Re: Obit: Barbara WOODWARD (nee FINN): bn 1928 MA, died Jan 2006 - Place of Death?

Posted: 4 Mar 2006 11:37PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2013 12:50AM GMT
hi Andrea,
I am not sure which newspapers it was printed in. I couldn't find a reference to one. I found the obituary by coincidence while searching for an article on the Boston Globe website. It had a link to search nationwide obituaries on Legacy.com. I am also assuming that she died in Seattle Washington. I do know her husband died in 1998 in Kennewick Wa. I have been looking for this family for a few years and am trying to make contact with them. If I find out more details later I will definitly post an update. Hope this helps someone else :)
Danielle

Posted: 5 Mar 2006 1:02AM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2013 12:51AM GMT
Hi Danielle -- thanks for the reply. Just out of curiosity (or, in other words, a strong tendency to snoop around which infects a lot of us genealogists!), I did a web search for this family and found the obituary of Barbara's husband, Donald, which was published in the Kitsap Sun in Washington state in March 1998. It's online here: http://web.kitsapsun.com/local/obits/march98.html although access to the website requires registration (which is free).

Were you aware of this one?

The obit has some biographical info about Mr. WOODWARD and mentions/names one son and two daughters as well as a brother and sister and where they were living at the time.

It also mentions that Barbara FINN was born in 1924 in Seattle and that they married in August 1948 in Newton which I assume is Washington state but it does not specify. There are a few other family details in there as well.

The reason I'm paraphrasing instead of posting the whole obit is that there is a copyright notice on the website and I don't want to violate that.

Hope this helps. As I said, I have no connection to this family. Just curious, that's all! Andrea

Posted: 5 Mar 2006 1:38AM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2013 12:51AM GMT
Yes, I found Donald's obit a few years ago, however i have not been able to make contact with the correct children named. I do have a new lead and it sounds promising :) Barbara was born in Newton and not Washington as the one obituary implies.
Thank you for your help
Danielle

Re: Obit: Barbara WOODWARD (nee FINN): bn 1928 MA, died Jan 2006 - JAMES SHEPHERD FINN

Posted: 12 May 2013 9:45PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2013 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: Finn, Murphy
I am researching Joseph Shepherd Finn , born 1919, who was Barbara Finn Woodward's brother. He died in 1982 in Los Angeles CA. Barbara was the informant on the death certificate. According to the certificate, he was "never married".
I am looking for relatives of Joseph, his brother James Finn, or decendants of his father Joseph M. Finn (also shown as M. Joseph Finn ) who died in Manchester MA in 1961.
According to the Massachusetts Town and Vital Records, M. Joseph Finn was born in 1887 County Cork Ireland. Wife Helen M. Murphy born about 1893 in Ireland.
Ron
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions