Search for content in message boards

William Robinson b.1748 m. to Mary Lowe

William Robinson b.1748 m. to Mary Lowe

Marilynn Munoz (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 1999 9:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinson, Lowe
Looking for ancestors of these two. Some records say he was born in Bucks Co. PA and others say he was born in England. Know nothing about her except that her parents were John Lowe and Judith Hitt. Any info welcome

William Robinson

ottie owens (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 6:17AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson
I am a 7th G descendent of Wm. Robinson b in Augusta Co. Va. 1773. I believe his family came from Pa. Do you have children's names of Wm. b 1748?

Wm. Robinson

Marilynn Munoz (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 1999 8:03AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Lowe
According to my and David Robinsons's info, the Children of William Robinson (b.1748) and Mary (Susannah) Lowe were:
Elias, Elijah, Judita, Moses, William, Aaaron (my relative), John Lee and Jessie (not sure if this one is a male or female). Does this help? If this is the right (William) one, let me know by email (above), I'd like to get the info on him if you have more.

Wm Robinson

Ottie owens (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 1999 6:50AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Berresford
Hello Marilyn, Thanks for replying. Your William's children are unfamiliar to me except for William Jr. I am fairly sure the father of my William was John b abt 1750 in Augusta County Va. The info I have is they came from Rockbridge Co. Va. but Rockbridge was not formed until after 1770 I believe. It was, however, carved out of the original Augusta County. There are at least 2 Robinson familys from Augusta County. I don't know if they were related or not. My Robinson's moved into Mercer County Ky. between 1780 and 1790. One of them, Isabella Berresford, married George Robinson. She was born at McAfee's station in Mercer Co. Ky. in 1782. Mercer county was carved into more countys about 1794. One of the counties was Franklin just north of the original larger Mercer County. Franklin County Ky is mentioned in all the early data of my Robinson clan.

Sincerely ottie owens

Wm Robinson

Posted: 1 Jan 2000 8:06PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2002 1:34PM GMT
Hello Ottie, I read your response to Marilynn Munoz dated November 30, 1999. The William Robinson to which you refered, had a son named George Robinson, but no other information was given. I'm hoping that your data base has the information I'm looking for. The George Robinson I'm looking for was born in Kentucky, moved to Washington County Indiana, Franklin Township. This George Robinson was my great great grandfather. I can be reached at oldphoneman@aol.com

Sincerely, Ken Moore

George Robinson

Ottie owens (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 1:27PM GMT
To Ken Moore. The George Robinson I was referring to was a son of William b 1773 in Va. George was b 1780 and died at the battle of Raisin River on Jan 22 1813. This was in, what is now Monroe, Mich. but was Canada in 1813. Use my internet address for response.

George Robinson

Posted: 2 Jan 2000 2:32PM GMT
To Ottie Owens. Elsewhere on the Internet I find that it was George Rogers Robinson b. 1780 Richmond, VA, son of John B. Robinson, who d. at the battle of Raisin River on 22 Jan 1813 in MI (at age 33).

William Robinson b. 1773 in VA, brother to the above George Rogers Robinson, m. Molly Kennedy. They had 12 children. Their 5th child was a George Robinson, no birthdate listed, but the other children were born between 1800-1812?. (this George would have been too young to be in that battle)Again, no information on this George. I'm confused!

How do I use your Internet address for response other than this way? I'm new at this.

Sincerely, Ken Moore

Wm Robinson

ott owens (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Berresfrod, Kennedy
yes, I made a mistake. John Robinson b 1745 Augusta Co. Va. had the following children. William b 1773, Mary b 1771, George Rogers b 1780, Anne b 1786 and James R. b 1789. There is a John B. Robinson in this family but nobody knows the relationship to John b 1745. He appears at some of William's childrens weddings. John b 1745 married a daughter of John Berresford. I think her name was Margaret. John had 5 daughters and was an enigmatic person. He seems to have been killed by a jealous woman about 1763 in Virginia. Some of this story was on the internet as the Augusta County Va. Chronicles. I suggest we communicate thru our regular e-mail addresses instead of this round about process. It's too clumsy. I still don't know your connection to the Robinson's. I am a direct descendent of William b 1773 and Mary Kennedy the dau of Ezekiel Kennedy.

Wm Robinson

Posted: 2 Jan 2000 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Moore
Dear Ott, Thanks for responding. Yes, I'd love to communicate with you thru our regular e-mail addresses. The only way I know how to get your e-mail address is for you to send me a message thru my e-mail address, which is:

oldphoneman@aol.com

My connection to the Robinson's: My Mother, Roxia Ruth Robinson Moore, my grandfather, Thomas Jefferson Robinson, my great grandfather, John Reuben Robinson, my great great grandfather, George Robinson (he m. Catherine Tucker in 1831, Washington County, Indiana). That's where I'm stuck. Need help.

Sincerely, Ken Moore

PS Was one of William's children George?

Re: Wm. Robinson

Michael L. Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2001 11:59PM GMT
Dear Marilynn,
I was reading your post about the children of William Robinson. I was interested that one of the children was named Elias. I believe that I am the descendant of Elias Robinson who was born about 1790, probably in Virginia. He was likely in Grayson County, VA in 1813 and is listed in the Ashe County, NC census in 1830. He also appears in the Clay County, KY census in 1850. Do you think that there is a possible connection between my Elias Robinson and your family. I believe that Elias married an American Indian woman named Christina. I know that the descendants of Elias use the name William fairly often, but this may mean nothing as William is such a common name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions