Search for content in message boards

James Arnold of Franklin co., N.C.

James Arnold of Franklin co., N.C.

Virginia Pafford (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2002 9:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
James Arnold of Franklin co, N.C. has a Will listed for 1799 naming children Peterson, Sally, Lewis and Wyatt. Does anyone have a copy of this?Or know anything about this family?

Re: James Arnold of Franklin co., N.C.

Posted: 20 Feb 2003 5:26AM GMT
I just found your message and do have a transcript somewhere of the Will of James Arnold. Let me know if you are still searching for a copy. I am seeking any additional information about James and particularly information about his son Solomon (1758-1844) who served in the NC Militia and later moved with his family to Moore County NC

Virginia Pafford (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2003 9:40PM GMT
I am searching for the parents of Wyatt Atnold b.about 1775 in N.c. He later showed up in Ga along with a William Arnold. about 1796. both purchased land. I wonder if they were brothers and children of the James you have in your papers? Will apprciated any help you can give. many of us are trying to solve the mystery and have tried to connect up with a Benjamin Arnold but DAR says no. Thanks for answering my query. Virginia Pafford

Posted: 23 Jul 2005 4:34AM GMT
I have a Lena Thompson Arnold in my descendants. Her father was Ananias Judson Arnold and his father was Solomon Thompson Arnold but I have his dates as born 1820 and dies 1885. Could this be the same man? He married a Narcissa Mitchell. Lena T. Arnold is my g-grandmother. My father remembers her from his childhood.

David H. Arnold (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2005 3:24PM GMT
Phyllis,
There might be some connection but at least two generations separate Solomon (1758-1844), son of James Arnold of Franklin County, NC and Solomon Thompson Arnold. Solomon was born in Lunenburg County, VA, entered the NC militia in Warren County, NC, 1780, raised seven children in Warren then moved to Moore County, NC in 1816 and died there in 1844. Where did Solomon Thompson Arnold originate, live and die?

Posted: 2 Aug 2013 9:36PM GMT
Solomon Arnold was my 4th great grandfather through his daughter Hanna Arnold (my 3rd great grandmother).
Hanna married a Benjamin Kimbell (my 3rd great grandfather) in Warren Co NC about 1813. They had a son William Henry Kimbell (my 2nd great grandfather) in June 1814. Sometime after that (perhaps 1816) they moved with the Solomon Arnold family to Moore County NC. Solomon Arnold is buried in a church cemetery just outside of Cameron NC. Sometime after 1820 Benjamin Kimbell must have died as Hanna Arnold remarried to a Sween McDonald whose parents were born in the Isle of Skye (Scotland) and immigrated to America.
Hannah Arnold Kimball McDonald and Sween Mcdonald show up in the 1870 census ,but do not show up in the 1880 census so they must have passed away by then. Hannah Arnold was born circa 1798. I have been in the Cameron NC Moore County courthouse and read the original 1844 recording of Sol Arnold's will
Monty Kimball
Pittsburgh Pa
email kimballhlk@cs.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic