Search for content in message boards

Looking for information on EMELIE JACQUES THOMAS, c. 1840, Washington, Louisiana

Looking for information on EMELIE JACQUES THOMAS, c. 1840, Washington, Louisiana

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 10:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JACQUES, THOMAS
I'm looking for information on EMELIE JACQUES THOMAS, c. 1840. She married PIERRE THOMAS in Washington, Louisiana in 1871. (I believe this was a marriage to legitimize a marriage held during slavery.)

They were parents of: Johny, Dejean, Ozeme, Modestine, Cugestine, Joseph T., Pierre Adeole, and Dubuisson.

Would like to know more about Emelie Jacques.

Thanks. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Re: Looking for information on EMELIE JACQUES THOMAS, c. 1840, Washington, Louisiana

Posted: 21 Jan 2011 6:04PM GMT
My grandpa mother was a Thomas that married a Wilson. I see if he have any info for you.

Re: Looking for information on EMELIE JACQUES THOMAS, c. 1840, Washington, Louisiana

Posted: 22 Jan 2011 1:11AM GMT
Thanks! I'm looking forward to finding out what your grandfather knows. By the way, what are his parents' names? I have 2 sets of Thomases. One set has a Thomas that married a Wilson. I believe we've found a connection with that Wilson - Lydia Wilson who married Frank Thomas? Emelie Jacques Thomas is the matriarch in my other set of Thomases. She married a Pierre Thomas. They were originally from the Washington area and moved to Ville Platte. I don't know much about her other than that. Hopefully, your grandfather knows something. However, I'm interested in whatever he knows on the Thomases/Wilsons. Thanks again.

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 6:55PM GMT
I'm on the Wilson/Thomas line of the family. I found out some more info from a cousin in Louisiana. I'll give you the right name for grandpa Otis Thomas. And give you his mother and father name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions