Search for content in message boards

Archibald McAllister

Archibald McAllister

Posted: 25 Feb 2003 1:42PM GMT
Looking for my wife's grandfather Archibald MacAlister who left Glasgow Scotland for New York City in 1928 aged about 21 years, following divorce. Probably remarried in US and never returned to Scotland. First wife was Margaret Hunter (d.1983) and child of marriage is Helen Stevenson MacAlister, now a frail old lady who has always wondered if her father had any other family in US and what became of him. Anyone out there researching history of family and stuck at Archibald MacAlister of Scotland? Note unusual spelling of MacAlister, which may have been converted by US authorities to more usual spoelling McAllister.

Re: Archibald McAllister

Posted: 10 Jan 2005 7:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Feb 2005 12:24PM GMT
Surnames: mcallister
Hello, Why don't you try South Carolina.
I saw an Archibald mcallister there ,
My relatives came from there . My gr,gr,grand
father John Mcallister lived there till he came to Georgia.
and you could try Georgia for information. Good luck, Fran
My family came from Ireland too.

David Yule (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2005 2:39AM GMT
Thanks for your reply to my posting. I will give your suggestion of trying the southern states some thought, but I really don't think that he went south, but you never know. I don't think that your McAllisters are related. If your gr gr grandfather was born in the States, he was over there long before my search subject left Scotland. Thanks anyway for your suggestions.

Posted: 14 Jan 2005 10:40PM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2005 12:24PM GMT
Surnames: Mcallister
Hello, I didn't think that we might be related, not
at all. I know there were an Archibald Mcallister
living in Troup county at the time.
My family is from South Carolina, and then
came to Georgia. good luck on your search, Fran

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 4:58AM GMT
Surnames: McAllister, McCreay
Hi there,
Not sure if my original response went through but i think this is also my grandfather. i didn't know him well as he died when i was very young, but all the details seem to fit. i know he came from Glasgow to NY around that time - we are from NY - and that he had family in Scotland before he remarried in NY. i'd love to chat more about it! i'm not on this website much but will check back just in case you get this. Are you in the States or in Scotland?
Thanks!
Marissa

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 9:24PM GMT
I am stuck on my paternal grandma's family too. Maybe Fort McAllister in Bryan County Georgia is linked to Archibald McAllister or Alexander McAllister men or the plantation in Pennsylvania now known as Fort Hunter? Also wondering about Dr. Oldenburg whose daughter married a McAllister.

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 9:25PM GMT
I am stuck on my paternal grandma's family. Can anyone tell me if Fort McAllister in Bryan County Georgia is linked to any of the Archibald McAllister or Alexander McAllister men or the plantation in Pennsylvania now known as Fort Hunter? Also wondering about Dr. Oldenburg whose daughter married a McAllister. thanks!

Posted: 18 Aug 2013 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: McAllister
The land of Fort McAllister in Richmond Hill, GA was formerly owned by Joseph McAllister, descendent of Archibald McAllister of PA. If you haven't checked out Clan McAlister of America (www.clanmcalister.org), you might want to do so. They offer a free genealogy query service and could prob give you more details. Good luck in your search!

Cindy McAlister Bresson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions