Search for content in message boards

BUCHER/BOOKER/BOUCHER

BUCHER/BOOKER/BOUCHER

Posted: 5 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 11:17PM GMT

Researching John Phillip BUCHER born in Germany in the early 1700's. He settled in the Shenandoah Valley, VA and married second to Mollie Roy BOUCHER. They moved to Jefferson county, KY where the name changed to BOOKER. They had children named David, John, Jacob, George, Polly, Betsy and Isaac. Some of the children later moved to IL and some went to Sullivan county, IN. I am a descendant of David who settled in IN. I would like to know of any other descendants of the BUCHER / BOOKER family.

Posted: 16 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2002 3:16PM GMT

I have records on Betsy Boucher who married Jonathan

Holliway in WARREN CO, KY May 25, 1797 and moved

to Osage County, Missouri in the early 1800's with at least one son, Harrison Holliway.

BUCHER/BOOKER

Mable Booker (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

I have a book published by Charles L. Booker, Jr. about this family, which is also mine. This includes the father of John Phillip Bucher/Booker and many generations of descendants.

BUCHER, NICHTER

Posted: 17 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2003 3:40AM GMT

In my NICHTER notes for Do"rrenbach, Rheinland-Pfalz (formerly Bavaria),there was an Anna Maria BUCHER who married Georg Francis NICHTER in early 1800s. These are not my NICHTERs, but mine settled in Louisville. Not sure if it helps you, but you can find more on the BUCHERs of Do"rrenbach on LDS film #0400408, the Catholic parish register of baptisms (and possibly marriages--someone else did the research for me).

Happy hunting!

BUCHER, SCHELLINGER

Mable M. Booker (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Don't think there's a connection, but not sure. My Anna Maria Schellinger m. Johanne Ulrich Bucher in Klein Gartach, Germany, came to Virginia, and their grandson, Jacob Bucher (Booker) came on to Jefferson Co. KY. Thanks for the contact. Am keeping your e-mail address in case I find a connection.

BUCHER, BOOKER

Posted: 1 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:01AM GMT
I believe we are researching the same family. I am a descendent of David Booker, however, I have David's death in Jefferson County, KY in 1819. I have David's children as George, Jacob, Polly, Isaac, Abraham, Phillip and James. Most lived in Sullivan County, IN for a period of time. Abraham was my g-g-g-grandfather, married Rachel Eads about 1829. Born in Jefferson Co., KY, Married in Nelson Co., KY, moved to Sullivan Co, IN and I assume died there, although I cannot find proof of that.
If this is the family, email me and we will exchange information.

BUCHER/BOOKER

Posted: 1 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:01AM GMT
I believe there is a connection. I believe your Johann Ulrich Bucher to be the father of Johan Phillip Booker, however, Anna Maria is not the mother. Johann Ulrich Bucher married a second time to Barbara Wirth, who is the mother. Do you have a list of children for Johan and Anna Maria? If not, email me and I will give you what I have.

BUCHER,WIRTH

Mable M. Booker (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
You're right. Schellinger was mother of Johann Michael, Wirth mother of Johann Phillip. Johann Michael's line stayed mostly in Virginia, many of Johann Phillip's came to Jefferson Co., KY, then many went on to Indiana.

BUCHER/ROY

Roger Gleitz (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Booker, Bucher, Roy
Anna Barbara WIRTH b 12 Oct 1705, d/o Hans Martin WIRTH and Barbara, m 17 Apr 1725 Kleingartach, Wuertemburg, Ger. to Hans Ulrich BUCHER, s/o Jacob BUCHER and Anna Margaretha, who was b 29 Aug 1686 Michelbach, Kraichgau, Wuertemburg. Desire more on the WIRTH and BUCHER ancestry. Looking for the gravesites of the son Johann Phillip BUCHER or BOOKER and wife Mollie or Mary Roy. A handed down history says in old Glenarm Cemetery in Peewee Valley, now Crestwood area of Oldham Co.

bucher/booker

trudy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: booker, bucher, wirth
my father was Harold Booker, son of Jesse Oral and Ethel Booker, son of John Wesley Booker. I believe that Jacob Bucher is the beginning of the family that I have traced also. Let me know if it is and I will share what i have looked up.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic