Search for content in message boards

Jarva/Kangas/Kreeta?/Kanniainen

Jarva/Kangas/Kreeta?/Kanniainen

Posted: 22 Jul 2001 11:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2001 1:31AM GMT
Surnames: Jarva, Kangas, Kreeta, Kanniainen
OK, I'm just starting out but this is what I have to start with. While searching through some things of my grandmother's (who died some time ago) I came across a name of someone she wrote to on a regular basis. I'm not sure if this is family or not but maybe someone will recognize it. I am not sure from what part of Finland my grandmother's parents came so I can't be of much help in that regard. It's also possible this is someone connected to my grandfather who came from Rantsila parish. One address is:
Annikki Kurikka
Kitimeritie 22.C39
90.500 Oulu 50 Finland, Europe
There is also correspondence from:
Neiti Elsa Kurikka
Karjasilta Hakakatu 8.B.
Oulu Finland
Grandma's maiden name was Kanniainen (father-John-yeah I know, who wasn't?), her mother's name was Hilda Maki (again, who wasn't?)
I also have a pastor's certificate of authenticity declaring my g-grandmother dead (she died in the US but needed to be declared dead in Finland as well for some pension regarding her son, my grandfather). In there, my g-grandmother is listed as Anna Kreeta Jarva Kangas (new name in America-2nd husband) and grandfather is listed as Veikko Johannes Jarva Kangas, born in Rantsila.
I know it's a long shot but if anything sounds familiar I'd sure appreciate hearing from you.

Re: Jarva/Kangas/Kreeta?/Kanniainen

Posted: 23 Jul 2001 3:43AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 12 Mar 2002 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Jarva
My line is from Rantsila too, Kestilä. It is not on line.But you
might want to join Finngen link on Hiski and maybe someone
in Finland will help you out with your ancestry.
Alicia
http://www.genealogia.fi/indexe.htm
It is the mailing list on the left.

Re: Jarva/Kangas/Kreeta?/Kanniainen

Posted: 14 Dec 2009 1:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
I don't know if you ever found out anything or not... I am also researching the name Kanniainen. I have a John Kanniainen born in Finland abt 1869 married to Hilda Kaisa Maki b. 21 Sep 1867 in Finland d. 9 Mar 1956 in Hennepin Co., Minnesota. I show children from this marriage as: Hilga or Hilda b. 1897, Jennie M b. 1902, Otto b. 1904, John Evert b. 1905, and Sonja Lydia b. 1908. All of the children born in Wadena Co., Minnesota. What was your gr-grandmother's full US name?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic