Search for content in message boards

Harmon Cutler b.1799 NY

Harmon Cutler b.1799 NY

Posted: 7 Aug 2008 2:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Aug 2008 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: CUTLER, BARTON, PETTIGREW, SHIELDS, McGREGOR
I am looking to see if anyone has journals, diaryies, or writties historys by Harmon Cutler born 1799 in New York, died 1869 in West Jordan (Midvale) Utah. He married Susannah Barton, Lucy Ann Pettigrew (Pettigrew), Elizabeth Shields, and Agnes McGregor (not a polygamist - he was widowed twice and divorced once). I know of two short biographical treatments of his life, I am hoping to find out if there is a personal account out there. Also, I would appreciate any family stories about his life that exist. Thanks!

Re: Harmon Cutler

Posted: 7 Aug 2008 3:37PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 8 Aug 2008 6:51PM GMT
Surnames: Cutler, Pettigrew, Raymond
Tales of a triumphant people : a history of Salt Lake County, Utah, 1847-1900
Salt Lake City, Utah?: The Company, 1947, Pg 242-243 [Heritage Quest]
Among the first settlers who located in the district were David and Emily Pettigrew, who, together with Alonzo and Clarend Raymond and several children, settled on the east side of the Rive Jordan, between the river and the hill on the east at a point about one mile west of the present Midvale First Ward meetinghouse, and immediately north of the road that runs east and west through Midvale and West Jordan. The river forms the boundary lines between the tow towns.
According to the best recollections of the earliest settlers, the Pettigrews and the Raymonds were the only families who spent the winter of 1851 and 1852 in the Jordan River Valley east of the Jordan River. In the fall of 1852, Royal and Harmon Cutler with their families, settled near the Pettigrews and Raymonds, on the same side of the river.
Jsoiah Arnold, Harmon Cutler, with his sons Royal and Ben, and Charles Brown settles east of the river in the early fifties. These pioneers had been close friends in New York state and in Nauvoo, Illinois, prior to their westward trek. Their families and descendants lived in Midvale for mny years, and became prominent members of the community.

also:
A Cutler Memorial & Genealogical History by Nahum Sawin Cutler; Pg 164 & 254-257 [google books]

Re: Harmon Cutler

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 3:44PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 16 Jan 2013 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: CUTLER
Check out the following biography of Harmon Cutler

http://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Faithful-Unobtrusive-Follower-Ha...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions