Posted: 4 Sep 2003 1:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Wilson
Looking for this family from Wedowee Alabama 1845-1881

Re: William Bundy Smith/Mary Jane Wilson

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 3:11PM GMT
Surnames: Smith/Wilson
I am also researching William Bundy Smith and Mary Jane Wilson. I am a great-great-granddaughter. I have their children and most of the children's spouses and some information on Mary Jane Wilson's family. I am hitting a wall for the Smith side, though.

Would be happy to share information with you.

Posted: 2 Feb 2004 9:29PM GMT
Glad to hear from you, where are you from? I haven't been able to find anything on the smith side either, I am a graet grandaughter also, I now live in Odessa, Texas but my Smith family (my grandparents) settled in Coleman County Texas, (Central Texas) close to where William B and Mary Jane are buried in Miles Texas, Runnels county

sharon (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2004 10:59PM GMT
I am in Gatesville, Texas. My Great-grandmother was Francis Beulah Smith (my dad's grandmother). Which ones are you related to cousin????

Posted: 3 Feb 2004 5:59PM GMT
My grandfather was Malberry Augustus(M.G. or Cap) Smith, he was born 1881 in Alabama, came to Texas with his family. Married Margaret Rosalie Mitchell (Maggie) in Novice, Coleman County, Texas. My father Benjamin Franklin Smith was born 1908, he was their second child and oldest son. I am the youngest of my dads and was born in 1952 in Kermit Texas. My father grew up in and around Coleman. my grandpa and grandma are buried in the Coleman cemetary as is my dad and mom. my email address is ahiodessa@aol.com if you would like to get in touch it may be easier by email instead of ancestry.com. My phone number at home is 423/550-4023 my address is 1613 Wedgewood Ave. Odessa, Tx 79761

Fran (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2005 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Are you related to Eunice Smith of Atlanta,Ga.
she was born in the 1800's .Thanks, Fran

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 1:38PM GMT
William Bundy Smith is my Grand-Father. Simon, his youngest son, was my dad. I live in Coleman County and if I can help with what little I know glad to do so. As far as I know I am the last living grand-son of William Bundy.

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 2:36PM GMT
Thanks for posting, my dad, Ben F Smith was also his grandson. his father was "Cap" MG Smith. I did not realize we still had Smith kin in Coleman. My name is Karen Smith Martin. I live in Midland but come to Brownwood and Coleman frequently. I have had no luck in researching William Bundy Smith's family. his parents or siblings, do you have any info on them? I know he was born in Georgia but do not know where. My dad always said they had Smith relatives in Atlanta but I have no idea if this is true. We have no family left in my Dad's generation to get more info. My email is
ahiodessa@aol.com Please reply directly if you wish.

Posted: 22 Jun 2012 1:21AM GMT
Are you all aware that there was a William Bundy Smith in Coweta Co. in the 1820's & foward? There is an article about him and his family in the Coweta County Chronicles. He was born in Morgan Co., GA in 1801, and was the son of Isaac Smith, a minister. William also had a son named Malbery

Isaac Smith Jr. later moved to Randolph Co., AL and was a minister of the Old Rocky Mount Baptist Church.

Posted: 22 Jun 2012 1:48AM GMT
Thanks Rhonda, it seems this William Smith is older than our William but it is very strange that he would also have a Malbery .That is such an.unusual name, i thought it might be a family name why else would you stick such a name on a child. I will look into this line. Thanks Karen Smith Martin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions