Search for content in message boards

Bakers in Maryland

Bakers in Maryland

Posted: 10 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 10:54AM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Burgoon
I am looking for a Baker family that has a daughter named Prudence Ann, b ca 1753 in Maryland. She married Jacob Burgoon. I am very interested in finding who her parents were, so if you know of a Prudence born in the right time frame (1750-55) and whose husband you don't know, please contact me. She might be the one. Thanks.

Baker/Coate

Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:48PM GMT
Surnames: Coats, Jobe, McKay, Dotts, Nigh, Baker, Colclazier, Hart, others
Well, the Coate, Coates, Coats lines are a bit confused...the research on those lines is not complete but you might want to visit the Coats Family Digital Archive and Linda Dudick's pages at ancestrees.com she comes from your line as well...

My Rev William Coats married Nancy Baker, it was her father, Sylvester Baker that was born in Baltimore County, MD and he had a brother Obediah Baker, both show up in land records in Rowan County, NC...but there is also the names of Sylvester and Obediah that show up in some of the MA Baker families..I've just not gotten anywhere yet into the New England states to research either the Coats or Baker lines...

Marmaduke Coate III

Edited: 28 Jul 2001 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Coate
I am a Baker, but through my maternal line I am connected to Marmaduke Coate III b 1738 New Jersey; m Mary Jane Coppock; d 1822. Could their be a connection to either of your Coats or Baker line. My Baker line via my maternal great grandmother can only be traced to Roswell Baker, b circa 1816, Canada?, m Mary Jane Corlis, Jacksonbourg, Michigan January 20, 1839.

MD Bakers

Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:48PM GMT
Surnames: Coats, Baker, Dotts, Colclazier, Frisinger, Jobe, McKay
Which County in MD...there is a Nicholas Baker in MD in the Early 1700s, church records indicate he was in Fredericks County MD...I have a Sylvester Baker born in Baltimore County, MD, in 1753/54 his wife's name was suppose to be Patience, but later land records show her name or a second wife as Mary...
Posted: 12 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 10:54AM GMT
Surnames: Baker, Burgoon
Charlotte, I believe Prudence would have been from Frederick Co., or close by, as her husband, Jacob Burgoon, was from there. But that's just a guess. Thanks for responding. Janet
per page

Find a board about a specific topic