Search for content in message boards

Descendants of John Dent & Margaret Evans

Descendants of John Dent & Margaret Evans

Posted: 3 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jan 2002 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: Dent, Evans
I am searching for descendants of Ensign (acting) John DENT b. 1755 in Fairfax Co., Va., and Margaret EVANS b. 1764, daughter of Col. John EVANS who died on 18 May 1834 in Monongalia Co. John DENT moved from Loudoun Co., Va. to Monongalia Co. in the Spring of 1776. Col. EVANS and Ensign DENT were both on the Revolultionary War Pension List.

Re: DENT EVANS

Phyllis Lake (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

I am a desendant of John Dent and Margaret Evans and have information I will share with you.will share with you.
Posted: 20 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 3:23PM GMT
I am searching for more information regarding Dudley E DENT and Mahala BERKSHIRE, parents of Maria Berkshire DENT, b. ca. 1818, m. 28 Feb 1837 to James Carter BEATY. These folks were living in the area of Monongalia Co which later became Marion Co., WV.

Their two sons, George and James, married sisters of James Carter Beaty, Sarah M and Jane Bell.

Any information would be appreciated.

DENT

Donna Dent Reid (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT

I also am a descendent of John Dent and Margaret Evans. I would love to exchange information and/or photos.

DENT

Donna Dent Reid (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
I am a descendent of John Dent and Margaret Evans. I would like to exchange information. I am very interested in John Dent's history as sherriff of Mono. Co.

DENT EVANS

Posted: 2 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2002 11:04PM GMT
I hope i am doing this correctly,
After much searching, I still am unable to establish a connection to this family, altho a distant cousin says we are related. I should like to withdraw this posting and the responses.
Thanks

Dents Run / Golden Survey

Thomas Hamilton (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hamilton, Brown, Scott, Tannehill
William Hamilton claimed land on Golden Survey in 1776, that he improved in 1773. John Dent received land for serving in the Revolution. Do you have any information about this area and their people in the 1790's. Benjamin Hamilton (William's grandson) owned land there in the early 1800's. Jacob (Benjamin's son) owned land there until his
accidental death in 1848. The Hamilton's came from Baltimore when William Jr. inherited this poperty from
William Sr. in 1796.

descendant of John Dent

Michelle Dent (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dent
I am a descendant of John Dent...Im not sure how yet, my great grandmother told me when I was little but I cannot remember..If anyone has any information I would be very grateful...thanks
Michelle

Dent Surname

Posted: 25 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2001 11:48PM GMT
Surnames: DENT, SYPOLT, SYPULT, SIPOLE, WEAVER, EVANS, CASSEDAY, WATKINS
I am not a direct decendent of John Dent and Margaret Evans, but one of their decendents (William M. DENT) was second husband to my Great Grand Mother Elizabeth Jane (EVANS) WEAVER. Would be glad to share information with anyone interested.

Jim Sypolt

Dent Surname

Posted: 1 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jun 2002 4:39AM GMT
Surnames: Dent, Scott, Martin, Harrison
Jim: I have a William M. Dent born 6/1866 who married an Elizabeth born 1857. Can you give me more information to see if there is a match?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions