Search for content in message boards

IMPERIAL HOSPITAL CORPS - Transcribed

IMPERIAL HOSPITAL CORPS - Transcribed

Posted: 17 Dec 2010 5:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

Just finished transcribing at TNA Kew, the WO 126/52, 126/53, 126/54 - IMPERIAL HOSPITAL CORPS.

If you have a family member who served in this corps, drop me a line and I can email you their enrolment form.

Regards,

Malcolm

Re: IMPERIAL HOSPITAL CORPS - Transcribed

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 8:59PM GMT
Surnames: HUSTED
Hi, Do you have records for a FREDERICK J HUSTED, originally from Windsor area born approximately 1878

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 9:45PM GMT
Hello,

Thanks for your note... I am sorry to say that I can't find an entry for Frederick J. Husted with the Imperial Hospital Corps.

I have checked the enrolment/attestation forms and also the Nominal Roll but there is nothing recorded for the name of Husted.

There is however a record of a FG Husted, perhaps the G is a J?, this listing is with the Imperial Bearers Corps (WO 126/51), I don't have the enrolment papers photographed yet, but it is on my to-do list when I am next down at TNA.

Having said that I have checked the Nominal Roll for IBC and he is not listed on it, he is however recorded on the Medal Roll for the IBC, thats not uncommon and hopeful he will be on the Enrolment Papers.

Hope that this makes some sense..

Regards, Malcolm
christoe@mac.com

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: Mitchell
Mitchell, William Alexander
Boer War 1899-1902

This is all the information I have. If you have any info on this man, I would most certainly appreciate it. Thank you.
Regards, Donna

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 8:29AM GMT
Hello Donna,

Thanks for your note..

I have William Alexander Mitchell signing up with the Imperial Hospital Corps on the 26th June 1900, he re-enlisted on the 4th February 1901 at Newcastle, South Africa, and was discharged on the 11th November 1901.

On the Nominal Roll he is recorded as Wm Alex Mitchell, I have a copy of his 'Form of Enrolment' he is recorded as William Mitchell, 32 years old and a Brass Finisher.

If you would like to email me at christoe@mac.com I will email you a copy of his 'Form of Enrolment'.

Regards, Malcolm

Posted: 13 Jun 2011 4:46AM GMT
Hello Malcolm,

I do hope you may be able to help. Do you have in your index
Name - "Evan Wide"
Rank - "Orderly"
Unit - "Imperial Hospital Corps"

Gosh, this ancestor has given me a complete run a round! I do know he died in Aug, 1902 Addington Hospital, Durban S.Africa.
Many Thanks
Jane

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 6:48AM GMT
Hi
Could you send me enrolment form for Herbert Percy, orderly, Imperial Hospital Corps please?

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 9:35AM GMT
Surnames: Morris
Dear Malcolm,

My Great Great Grandfather may have served in the Imperial Hospital Corps. He was John Pryce Morris, number 1568, from Shotton, Flintshire. If he is in your transcribed records could you please let me know?

Many thanks,
Jonathan Morris

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 1:51PM GMT
JAMES BOWEN CALDER
Orderly
Imperial Hospital Corps

Can you help with any information please

Thank you
Joyce

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 7:29PM GMT
I have a grandfather named James Sherman who served in Boer War I think,as a volunteer and have a a very faint discharge certificate. Looks like he served from January 31, 1901 or 1902.From what I see he was in medical corps and wanted to return to colonies! Wouldappreciate anything you might be able to find!! Thanks Pat Solie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions