Search for content in message boards

John WAIGHT b. abt 1708 Wiltshire

John WAIGHT b. abt 1708 Wiltshire

Posted: 12 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Sep 2001 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: Waight, Waite, Waits
I am looking for information on my ancestor John Waight, born abt 1708 in Wiltshire, England. He immigrated to the United States with his sons John Waite, Samuel Waits, and Benjamin Waite and daughter Sarah Waits.

Re: John Waight b. abt 1708 Wiltshire

ROBERT E. WAITS (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2001 7:42AM GMT
Surnames: WAITS, WAIGHT
WELL CHRIS, HAS ANYONE RESPONDED TO THIS ABOUT JOHN AND MARY FROM WILTSHIRE? IF SO DROP ME A LINE. BROTHER ROB

Posted: 16 Oct 2001 3:54AM GMT
Hello, I ma lookin for this info also, these are relatives of mine as well, please e-mail at abductd@triad.rr.com, thanks.

Lisa Waits (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 6:13AM GMT
I, too, am looking for info. I can't seem to get past John Waight. I know that he came on the St. Helena to Charlestown, SC after 1760. Supposedly, in 1757, John was granted warrants for 550 acres of land in Craven Co., SC. That doesn't make sense with Sarah's dob being 1760 in Wiltshire.
But nothing before that. Let me know what you find out. My husband is descedent thru Samuel's line.

Thanks,
Lisa

Posted: 19 Feb 2002 2:03AM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2004 1:54AM GMT
I have traced my Waits/Waites ancestors back to South Carolina. My G Grandfather was born there is 1844. That is about as far back as I can go at the time. His name was Manuell Burleson Waits. I have found that certain names seem to repeat in each generation. The names are John, George, Manuell, William, also Samuel and Joseph seen to be in several generations. My G Grandfather migrated to Alabama sometime around 1870(I think). If you think there might be a connections, please let me know. If any have access to the 1850 SC Census, please look and see if you have my G Grandfathers name.

Posted: 12 Mar 2002 3:41AM GMT
Info on John Waight Born ABT 1708 is available on Ancestry.com with contact Hamilton Ziegeler, hamzig@goldinc.com.

Posted: 15 May 2002 2:29PM GMT
Surnames: Waight, Waite, Waits
There is a great deal of information available on the family of John and Mary Waight in two books. One is a compilation by Janie Revill entitled "A Compilation of the Original Lists of Protestant Immigrants to South Carolina 1763-1773". The other is edited by Mary Bondurant Warren and is entitled Citizens and Immigrants - SC 1768". The information makes it pretty clear that this family arrived from Bristol on Feb 3, 1768 and not 1757. The date, 1768, is recorded in P. William Filby's Immigration Lists Index. If you have not resolved your dilemna or satisfied your curiosity, please contact me. Richard Waits

Posted: 23 Jun 2006 5:06AM GMT
Are these books available to the general public anywhere?? Much appreciated,
Kim Waites

Posted: 28 Oct 2007 3:10PM GMT
can you tell me where I might find these two books ? Samuel Waits and Susannah Tidmore were parents of Dorothy A. Waits. She married Joshua Horn. They were my gggrandparents.

Posted: 22 Aug 2014 4:43AM GMT
John Waight married to Mary Waits had a son named John Waight married to Sarah both Johns came here from Wiltshire England
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions