Search for content in message boards

Robert Bruce of Airth

Robert Bruce of Airth

Larry L.S. Bruce (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BRUCE, FORRESTER, LIVINGSTON
If anyone knows the descendants and ancestors of Robert Bruce, b. abt 1505, Airth and was married to Janet Forrester, please contact me. One child I know of was Alexander, b. 1530, Airth and was married to Janet Livingston.

Bruce of Airth

Bob McCutcheon (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hi there Larry,

Your query about Robert Bruce of Airth. Try to obtain access to a copy of "The Bruces of Airth and their cadets" by Major William Bruce Armstrong which was privately printed in Edinburgh in 1892. There were only 105 copies printed so there might not be one in US. If you experience an absolute stonewall get back to me. There are substantial sections on Robert's ancestors, siblings and descendants. eg Janet, daughter of Sir Walter Forrester of Carden was his second of three wives and by her he had 4 sons and 1 daughter including your Alexander who married Janet, second daughter of Alexander, 5th Lord Livingston and his wife Agnes Douglas. Cheers Bob

Robert Bruce of Airth

Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2001 10:58PM GMT
Surnames: Bruce, Livingston
Bob, I too and interested in the ancestors of Robert Bruce of Airth. The book is not available here and wonder if it is available in Edinburgh. I plan to be there in July of this year. Thanks for any suggestions.
Elizabeth Whitten
Alabama, USA

Re: Robert Bruce of Airth

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 8:20PM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2005 4:12PM GMT
I have some information if you are interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic