Search for content in message boards

Wiley's in Alabama

Wiley's in Alabama

mwiley (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 10:34AM GMT
I am married to Charles A. Wiley, we originate from Hamilton Alabama, I have just started a gen. search on the Wiley family. the search would have to go back quite a few years since my mother in law is 101 this year and is still living, she is Ollie (Hall) Wiley she was born in 1899,her husband was Oliver,his Father was I believe William Wiley,his mother was Sabrina (no known maiden name)Ollie's father was William Hall, her mother was Junie(no known maiden) hall, they would probably have been born in the early 1800s.Oliver and Ollie have ten children who are all living. any contribution will be appreciated.

Wileys of Al

Jimmie Johnson Primo (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2000 5:57AM GMT
My grandmother was born in Tuscumbia,1852 and died in 1930 in Pickens she married Samuel Caldwell Johnson in 1870,her fathers name was Richard b.Ga 1816 he had 9 daughters one of them married aWiley who worked for RR could this be same family.e-mail me djprimo@worldnet.att.net

Re Wiley Family

Posted: 27 Aug 2000 1:38PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2004 9:15PM GMT
My gGrandparents, John and easter Livingston Wiley lived in Blount co. they are not in any sensus since 1860. My Grandmother was Sarah Ann Wiley Alexander born in 1854 in Blount co. she and my Grandfather John David Alexander migrated to TX in the 1880s and lived in Lee co. Texas. Is there any connection with the ones you are looking for.---George Alexander Jr.

Wileys in Ala

mary Wiley (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 9:04AM GMT
I don'believe your Wileys and mine are related,but nice to hear from you anyway.

Wiley's in Alabama

H Wiley (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2000 6:16PM GMT
I have visited the grave of my Oliver Wiley who is buried in Cabarrus Co. N.C. He had a large family, many unknown to me, but 2 males were Evan Shelby Wiley, and Moses. I think there was an Oliver I haven't been able to trace.
Evan moved to Alabama sometime after 1800 and named a son Oliver (and my GGrandfather James) James settled in Pike Co. and had a son named Oliver, and Oliver seemed to be passed through the generations. I found a son of Evan in the 1870 census in Sumpter Co

Wileys in Alabama

Tony Arnold (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2000 4:29PM GMT
My grandfather William Wiley moved from Alabama to Georgia in the early 1900's with my mother (Bertie Bell Wiley,) and my aunt May Wiley. I am not sure of my grandmothers name she passed away before I was born. If you can trace to this please let me know I am just getting started myself. Hope this helps.

Wiley

Kathy Shotts Meador (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2001 9:25PM GMT
Aunt Mary Nell,

I was also searching Wiley's. email me at TheHussyyy@aol.com

Papa Wiley's Sister

Kathy Shotts Meador (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2001 9:33PM GMT
Mary Nell, Papa Wiley had a sister. I am not sure of her name. She might have been the black sheep. As a child I overheard the adults talking about her in hushed tones. When I asked, I was told that it wasn't a conversation for children. Does Charles remember her name?

Right Wiley Family??

Posted: 23 Feb 2001 1:36PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2001 1:55AM GMT
I am searching for my Grandpa Charlie Wiley's
family. He and his wife, my Grandma Pauline,
migrated to PA circa late 1920s-early 1930s.

Grandpa was from Bullock County and Grandma
was from Barbour County.

Do these names sound familiar??
Any help is appreciated.

Marie

Wiley in Alabama

R. Wiley (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 8:47PM GMT
Tony, I have a Aunt Bertie Bell and a Aunt Mae. My father was Lawrence Wiley. Contact me and what little info I have I will give you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions