Search for content in message boards

James E. Stewart b. circa 1876

James E. Stewart b. circa 1876

Posted: 15 Mar 2003 6:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart, Gates, Buckley
Looking for ancesters and decendents of James E. Stewart, born circa 1876. Census records have conflicting place of birth for both James and his parents as follows:

Year, Place of Birth, Father's birth, Mother's birth
1900, Missouri, Ireland, Illinois
1910, Rhode Island, Scotland, Kentucky
1930, Missouri, Missouri, Missouri

James married Nancy E. Gates 16 Jul 1900 in Randolph Co., Arkansas. James and Nancy had 7 children: William Edward (1901), James Harrison (1903), Albert (1905), Amanda Lee (1907), Clarence Earl (1909), Cassie Ellen (1911), and an infant who died at birth. Clarence Earl Stewart was my grand father.

I believe that James married Minnie Lee Buckley in 1914, also in Randolph Co., Arkansas. James and Minnie also had 7 children: Lena (1915), Ben (1918), Joseph (1922), Martha (1923), Dainty (1926), Doyle (1929), and Johnnie (1932).

Any information an James' family would be greatly appreciated.

Scott Stewart
Glendale, Arizona
stewart-scott@msn.com

Re: James E. Stewart b. circa 1876

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 1:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
This James would be my Great Grandfather. I do have info on his wives and children. His 3rd wife Minnie is my Great Grandmother. I have hit that same brick wall with his parents birthplace and death place. James shot and killed my Great Grandmother I have her death certificate on my tree. I also have a picture and the official papers of 1 of their sons prison records including his mugshot. Please let me know if you have found out anything about this mystery man. I do have a birth cert for a James E Stewart but I have no way of telling if it is him. I ordered it from Arkansas after crossing out all but two cert. Thanks so much
Fawnia Stanford
per page

Find a board about a specific topic