Search for content in message boards

BERNARDO'S HOME CHILDREN FROM 1900-1910

BERNARDO'S HOME CHILDREN FROM 1900-1910

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 4:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FORD
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I WOULD LOOK FOR RECORDS OF A POSSIBLE HOME CHILD FROM ENGLAND. I THINK MY GRANDFATHER WAS ONE .HIS NAME IS ERNEST FORD BORN 1889. I THINK HE IS THE ERNEST WHO CAME OVER IN 1902 AS A HOME CHILD ON THE SIBERIAN. I'M NOT POSATIVE. WONDERING IF YOU KNOW HOW TO CHECK THE RECORDS THEY KEPT IN ENGLAND AT BERNARDO'S HOMES. I'VE SEEN IT ON TV WHERE SOMEONE HAS GONE THERE LOOKED THROUGH THE RECORDS AND FOUND THE CHILDS PARENTS AND HOW THEY GOT THERE.I'M JUST DOING SOME FAMILY RESEARCH AND CAN'T FIND OUT ALL THE INFO I HAVE SAID HE LIVED IN NEW BRUNSWICH HIS PARENTS ON HIS MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE SAID THEY WERE SYDNEY FORD AND HIS MOTHER WAS RHETTA. ALL MILITARY RECORDS SAID HE WAS BORN IN N.B BUT CAN'T BE FOUND ANYWHERE THERE. I THINK HE WAS A HOME CHILD FROM ENGLAND. ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN GO FROM THERE

Re: BERNARDO'S HOME CHILDREN FROM 1900-1910

Posted: 5 Oct 2008 1:13AM GMT
Hi I was brought up in Group Foster Home in Manchester England at eighteen told I had a family my eldest sister turned up the search began on foot, trailing the librarys/Council Home Records ie Preston England Town Hall Social Services as it is now called they will be able to direct you to your records; I was taken into care and pleased for the life I had for 18 years carn't thank social servies enough. Good Luck a friend Ford

Posted: 5 Oct 2008 6:01PM GMT
THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION. EXCUSE ME FOR NOT KNOWING BUT I LIVE IN CANADA WOULD YOU KNOW A E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR THESE SOCIAL SERVICES OR A ADDRESS I COULD WRITE TO THEM . THANK YOU AGAIN FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS. I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE AREAS OF ENGLAND,

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 12:14AM GMT
web site british home children of canada

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 10:43AM GMT
Surnames: Ford
I had a grandfather George Alfred Ford who was a home child sent back in the 1880's to Canada by Barnardos on the ship the Sardinian. I got his information from Barnardos at a price and there is information on Library and Archives Canada under Home Children. I was able to track him that way. There is also the website as previous mentioned to look at. Barnardos website tells you how to order the information but they will do a search to see if they have any first and then charge for the amount they have.

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 1:48PM GMT
thank you for that information

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 2:39PM GMT
Your welcome! If you are on facebook there are a couple of pages just for families of British Home Children and they have alot of information and are willing to help any families of Home Children that need research help or advice on what to do.

Posted: 13 Jun 2014 10:47PM GMT
have you tried the tweetybirdgenealogy site. This is a site that was like a newspaper for the home children. You can search for surname etc.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions