Search for content in message boards

James Son Cemetery

James Son Cemetery

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 12:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know the exact location of the James Son Cemetery in Fayetteville?

Re: James Son Cemetery

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 11:32PM GMT
Surnames: Son, AKA Sun
I didn't know there was one.
Do you know when James died? I don't know when Elizabeth Jane Guthrey Son died either.
Brenda

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 1:00AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2013 1:04AM GMT
James Son died in July 1880. The Fayetteville library has one article listing the burials, written around 1980. The 1908 plat map (Center township) shows a location - very close to where I live, but I can not find any remnants of a small cemetery in that area. I thought maybe I was looking on the wrong side of the street or on the wrong lot.

D.Ness

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: Son/Sun
Thank you.
Do you have Elizabeth Janes' dea date?

Fayetteville should have had Sanborn Insurance maps that would pinpoint the location if that is not something you have already done. If not in the library try Fayetteville Municipal Library. In fact, ask at the historical library and the municipal libraries if they have any records.

I'll go thru some books here to see if I can find some clues.

I'd help but I'm in Texas.

Brenda

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 1:48AM GMT
I looked in my Masters, Robbins, Drain records and nothing mentioned a cemetery: only the marriage between James and Elizabeth Jane.
Brenda

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 2:54AM GMT
May be a different James Son. This one 1803-1880 and was married to Margaret Trotter 1814-abt 1880. But James could have had an earlier wife who died. They lived near Farmington and had several children, some also buried in the James Son Cemetery. The cemetery was in Prairie Township until 1880s and then was part of Center township. This area was later annexed to Fayetteville.

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 3:08AM GMT
James and Elizabeth Jane m in Wash Co 24 Dec 1858. Had Marion b 1859 and died by 1871. I believe he did have a previous wife and children. No further info.
Brenda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions