Search for content in message boards

James I. Carter

James I. Carter

Posted: 11 Dec 2007 7:30PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Carter, Turkleson, Drake, Derkring, Ewers, Harlan
James Carter of Dayton Passes Away

James I. Carter, long time resident of the town of Dayton, died at the West Court Nursing Home on August 18th. He was 80 years of age, born at West Lima, March 5, 1877. His parents were Mr. and Mrs. John Carter.

The Rev. Howard Cowan, pastor of the local Christian church, officiated at the services which were held this Wednesday afternoon, with burial being made in the Dayton Corners cemetery. Services were held at the Pratt Chapel.

His wife, Annie, died in September, 1956. Surviving are a son, James, member of the city police force; a son Herbert, of Dayton, and another son, Donald of Oklahoma City, Okla; five daughters, Mrs. Edward Turkleson, Blue River; Mrs. Howard Drake, Monroe; Mrs. Charles Derkring, Minnesota Lake, Minn.; Mrs. Charles Ewers, route 1, and Helen Carter, Richland Center; 22 grandchildren, and a host of frineds.

Republican Observer, August 22, 1957, Richland Center, Wisconsin

Barbara Poorman Carter

Posted: 28 Dec 2011 3:46PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Poorman, Carter, Dunn, Fry, Ghastin
Mrs. Carter, 96, of Richland Co, Dies

Richland Center, Wis. -- Mrs. Barbara Carter, 96, former teacher in schools of this vicinity, died at the home of her son, John, Sextonville, Saturday night.

Mrs. Carter was born in Indiana Mar, 10, 1845. She came to this vicinity with her parens, the late Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Poorman, when a child and resided here since. For many years she taught in the local shcools.

Mrs. Carter is survived by seven sons, Milo and Bert, Omak, Wash.; Homer, Des Moines, Ia.; M. O. and James, Richland Center; Irvin, Crookston, Minn.; and John, Sextonville; three daughters, Mrs. Grace Dunn, Lake Geneva; Mrs. Lydia Fry and Mrs. Myrtle Ghastin, both of Sextonville.

Funeral services will be held here Wednesday with burial in the local cemetery.

Captial Times, Madison, August 11, 1941, p. 6, col. 1
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic