Search for content in message boards

Boone family website

Boone family website

Vicki Powell Milam (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 5:16PM GMT
I would be interested to know if there is a Boone family website...I am confirmed relative of the pioneer Daniel Boone....and would like to know more about the family Boone....I have been unable to find a good source of info on the net...

Boone websites

Posted: 3 Apr 2000 10:55PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2002 2:40PM GMT
Booneinfo.com is excellent. Try ancestry.com and familytreemaker.com. I also have my own webpage with Boone's:
http://hometown.aol.com/dgboon/Contents.html

There is a Milam in my family from Arkansas. Are you related somehow?
David

Milam in arkansas

Vernon Milam (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 7:04AM GMT
All my relatives came from the Arkansas area..many from the Searcy County area. I married a descendent of the Boone family...and we can verify a relation to the pioneer Daniel Boone...My Milam heritage traces directly to William Henry Milam...Cornelius Coleman Milam...James Morrow Milam...Coleman Milam...Thomas Milam.... and the last confirmed ancestor is John Milam ..You probably know that the Milam website is WWW.steelpenny.net Look foward to hearing from you again

Arkansas kin

Posted: 4 Apr 2000 8:00AM GMT
Wow, maybe this is the break I need! My great-great grandmother was Sarah Ann Buie. She married Nicholas Mulkey Acuff 1880 in Boone Co., Arkansas. My great-grandmother said her mother's father was James Buie, and that his wife was a Milam. I've found a James Harrison Buie who married a Betsy Ann Milam, but I can't find any census information after 1850. The story was that the family went to Iowa to get away from the war while James fought. There is a Sarah A. Buie that people connect to them, but the birthdate is wrong. If I could find some hard evidence supporting or refuting who James Buie's children were, I'd be happy. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Also, my great-great-great grandfather was Dr. James Monroe Boone of Washington Co., Arkansas. Most of my kin from all sides passed through Arkansas at one time. Check out my webpage. The address is
http://hometown.aol.com/dgboon/Contents.html

My e-mail address is dgboon@aol.com

Keep in touch!
David

buie-milam

Posted: 4 Apr 2000 8:42AM GMT
I find that a James h Buie married an Elizebeth Ann Milam.4-24-1842....the daughter of Samuel James Milam..3-26-1793..died Boone Co. Ark...10-4-1872
Samuel James Milam married Druscilla Ragsdale as his second wife...and had a Sarah Jane Milam..07-25-1848,,,she married a James Mcmurtry ...I will search farther and let you know

buie-milam

Posted: 4 Apr 2000 8:42AM GMT
I find that a James h Buie married an Elizebeth Ann Milam.4-24-1842....the daughter of Samuel James Milam..3-26-1793..died Boone Co. Ark...10-4-1872
Samuel James Milam married Druscilla Ragsdale as his second wife...and had a Sarah Jane Milam..07-25-1848,,,she married a James Mcmurtry ...I will search farther and let you know

Dr.James Monroe Boone-I have all about him!

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 11:17AM GMT
David I have your Dr. James Monroe in my journal. I have listing for his wife, children, their wives/husbands/ their children etc. I am more than happy to give you the info but the large amt. is more than I can put in the message. Please e-mail me so we can figure how I can get this to you.

Babbara at bterrell@neo.rr.com

Boone/Buie/Milam

Posted: 7 Apr 2000 10:40PM GMT
Vernon,
You have brought me great luck! Because I saw your message and your name is Milam, a descendant of James Burris Buie, James Harrison Buie's son, saw our messages and contacted me with proof that my great-great grandmother, Sarah Ann Buie Acuff, is indeed the daughter of James H. He has old obituaries and pictures to prove it. I thank you and the stars that I ran across you!
How are you related to the Arkansas Boone's? I would like to help you out any way I can.

Best Wishes,
David

arkansa boones

Maura (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 5:51PM GMT
i am doing a project with my family tree and know that the boones i am related to lived in arkansa, Arthur, Octavius, and Frank are a few of the names i have if you know any more about the branch of the boones please tell me

Arkansas Kin

Posted: 13 Apr 2000 12:02PM GMT
If you have a specific county or town in Arkansas, and a few dates, I could do some checking for you.

David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions