Search for content in message boards

Shearers from VA to Madison Co., Ky.

Shearers from VA to Madison Co., Ky.

Posted: 14 May 2003 8:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2004 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Shearer, Massie
I'm looking for information on any Shearers in Madison county, Ky. who settled there from VA in the early 1800's. Particularly, Matthew b. 1767/d. 1854 (m. Sarah Massie); James, b. 1752; and Thomas b. 1765/d. 1846 (m. Hannah Massie).

My only access to research right now is the internet, so I'm a bit limited in my search. If anyone has any information on this family, I'm trying to find out who their descendents are. If you have any info on their children and/or grandchildren, or any other family information, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Re: Shearers from VA to Madison Co., Ky.

Posted: 14 Nov 2004 9:59PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2006 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: Shearer
Hello Amy: I am 4g grandson of the Shearer's from Madison County, Ky. I will have to dig thru my files and get back to you. What relation are you to the Shearer's? Thanks Jim-Ed

Re: Shearers from VA to Madison Co., Ky.

amy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2004 2:31AM GMT
Thanks for replying. I'm related to the Shearers through Matthew's (b. 1767) son Willis (b. abt. 1805, d. 1841 in MO). His oldest son, Mathew (b. abt 1833), was my g-grandmother's grandfather.

Since I wrote my query, I've learned some things about Matthew's (b. 1767) family, his father, siblings, and children. My focus, however, has been on his son, Willis. I'd be delighted to share what I have on Willis' family. I haven't looked into Matthew's family much, so what I have is only what has been given me by others.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Amy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions