Search for content in message boards

1780 Letter of Adonijah Perry, Revolutionary War Soldier from Jones County, North Carolina

1780 Letter of Adonijah Perry, Revolutionary War Soldier from Jones County, North Carolina

Laurie Hillier (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Pension
Surnames: Perry, Huggins, Blakely, Stanly, Caswell, Simmons, Blmmer, Sowel, McDaniel, Conner, Busick, Yates, Askew
1780 Letter of ADONIJAH PERRY, Revolutionary War Soldier from Jones County, North Carolina

Camp at Ramsey's Mill on Deep River
August ye 29th Day 1780

Dr Father & Mother,

by this I let you Know that I am well at present thanks be God for it--Hoping these few lines will find you in the Same state of health also I have to Inform you that we had a battle 16th Instant and was defeeted tho I had the happiness to make my Escape and John Blmmer [?] with me and as for Cosin Waxel I never herd from him since the defeat we joined Col. Sowels Regiment the 19th Instant and we Expect to march tomorrow for Hillsborough we Crost the line the 30th day of July but we cannot tell when our time is out but we hope about the 14th of next month but am not shur of it so no more at present but my Kind love to & all Enquiring friends this from your most Dutiful son

Adonijah Perry

Letter addressed to: Mr. John Perry in Jones County near the Court House

Source: Revolutionary War Pension File, FHL Film 971914
(This microfilm of the complete pension file can be ordered through any Family History Center.)

Abstract reads:

PERRY,ADONIJAH, Elizabeth NC Line W10882, BLW#56858-160-55
sol m ELIZABETH HUGGINS 9 Oct 1816 in Jones Co NC & sol d there 28 Jan 1830, wid appl 30 Jun 1857 Lenoir Co. NC aged 73.

Names identified with this pension file (and also in a related letter printed in "Records of Craven County, North Carolina FHL 975.6192 P2m Vol. 1):

Thomas J. Blakely, Hugh Stanly Jr., Hugh Stanly Senior, Robert Stanly, Waxel (Wexel) Perry, Adonijah Perry, General
(Col.) Richard Caswell, James G. Stanly, Lavender Simmons,
Elizabeth (Huggins) Perry, Wm McDaniel, Joseph Perry, Eliza Conner, Lemuel Busick, General Yates (Gates), Wm Stanly, Benjamin Askew, William F. Huggins, Col. Sowel, John Blmmer
[?], John Perry.
Posted: 4 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Pension
Edited: 11 Oct 2001 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: HUGGINS, COLLINS, HOLLINGSWORTH, FAIRCLOTH, MATTOCKS, BROWN, TOLSON, WILSON, GILLETTE, FOY, GALLACHER, SIMMONS, SANDERSEN
My greatgrandfather-URBAN MATTOCKS COLLINS- married AGNES WARD HUGGINS-February 1,1888 in Jacksonville,Onslow County, North Carolina. AGNES's parents were A. HUGGINS and AGNES WARD. URBAN MATTOCKS COLLINS was born November 19, 1862 in Maysville,Jones County,N.C. I have been trying to find members of the Huggins family. Could your WILLIAM F. HUGGINS and ELIZABETH HUGGINS PERRY be related to my greatgreatgrandparents and greatgrandmother AGNES WARD HUGGINS COLLINS?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions