Search for content in message boards

Village location

Village location

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 9:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Biedermann
Hi, on the Prussia Emigration Records it lists families place of Origin as Pinnow/Luebben.
Can anyone tell me where this is ??
Also when it says Frankfort in Prussia where would this be
today.
Thanks, Deanna

Re: Village location

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 10:15PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2011 10:16PM GMT
there are 2 frankfurt in germany the bigger one is "frankfurt am main",which is in the bundesland Hessen and the one you are looking for would be "frankfurt an der oder",right on the border to poland.

Posted: 3 Oct 2011 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: Heise
Would anyone know where Gadernheim & Elmshausen Kr Bensheim, Hessen were located in the 1800's?
Looking for people in Reichenbach Kr Pyritz & am wondering if these villages listed above would be near Kr Pyritz area.
Deanna

Posted: 3 Oct 2011 7:59PM GMT
Reichenbach, Gadernheim & Elmshausen haven't moved since the 1800s...still about 20km south of Darmstadt. The only Kr Pyritz I know of is in Pomerania; http://www.genealoger.com/german/pommern/ger_pommern.htm

Posted: 3 Oct 2011 8:04PM GMT
Pinnow...far northern suburb of Berlin.

Luebben...70km SSE of Berlin.

Posted: 3 Oct 2011 10:10PM GMT
The Reichenbach village I'm interested in is in the Kr Pyritz in the far north boardering Kr.Arnswalde.
Was just wondering if Reichenbach in Darmstadt area was close by as I can't find it on my map.
Sorry about the confusion.
Deanna

Posted: 3 Oct 2011 11:18PM GMT
OK, I just found a Reichenbach (now Radaczewo, 6o km SE of Sczcecin) in Kr Pyritz, Pomerania (now part of Poland, "far north" as you describe it). It's an interesting coincidence there's also that one near Darmstadt. Go to:http://www.genealoger.com/german/pommern/kreis%20church%20re... and you'll find:

Evangelische Kirche Reichenbach (Kr. Pyritz). Kirchenbuch, 1678-1835. Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by The Genealogical Society of Utah, 1971, 1987. 3 reels of microfilm. Evangelical parish register of baptisms, marriages and deaths in Reichenbach (Kr. Pyritz), Pommern, Germany, now Radaczewo (Choszczno), Szczecin, Poland.

So if 1835 isn't too early for you, church records are available thru LDS.

For more about Reichenbach: http://gemeinde.reichenbach.kreis-pyritz.de/

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 10:26PM GMT
Thanks for the info on Reichenbach.
Deanna

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 10:59PM GMT
That second link says that Reichenbach's Evangelical inhabitants belong to Kirchspiel Schlagenthin in Kr. Arnswalde. [Google it to know more] The Catholic Kirchspiel was in Arnswalde, Prv. Brandenburg. The registry office was in Petznick.

Posted: 5 Oct 2011 1:50AM GMT
Thanks again for all your kind help.
It was very helpful.
Deanna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions