Search for content in message boards

Joseph Hollis of Georgia

Joseph Hollis of Georgia

Posted: 18 Feb 2002 11:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2002 11:22PM GMT
Does anyone have any information concerning Joseph Hollis' civil war record. Joseph was the son of Richard Hollis and Millie Garrett and the husband of Rhoda Scoggins. My information says he died in 1864 in Atlanta but I cannot find his service record. My e-mail is edc@troycable.net

Re: Joseph Hollis of Georgia

Janna Fletcher Bargas (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2003 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hollis, Mahoney, Mcilhaney, LeClair
Do you know if Joseph had any brothers my GGgrandfathers name is Jack or John Hollis and I cannot find any info on him either. All I know is that Jack or John was from Atlanta, GA and he was married to Kate Mahoney also of GA. They had Three children one named Jack or John and the other, Thelma and the other one died around the age of 4 of scarlet fever...I can't remember what her name was but, it was something common for that time like Sarah or Emily. Thelma was born 4/28/1905 and Kate the wife was born 11/22/1872. That is all the info I haveas far as birthdate as my family has held alot of secrets. This is what my ggrandmother Thelma taked about when I was younger. They lived in or around Atlanta where she was born her father or family picked cotton or lived on a plantation. She spoke often of the help she called her "Mamie" She loved her like a mother. She also spoke often of Cherokee Indian heritage but, acted like it was taboo. My ggrandmother married a Harry or Harold Arthur LeClair and divorced in the 1940's and lived in or around Syracuse, NY. She had 4 children Josphine (Which I think she was named after someone), Juanita, Charles, and Harry Jr. whom died in WW2 flying over France during the Normandy invasion. He is buried there. Around 1947, my ggrandmother and my grandmother Josphine, Aunt Juanita, Uncle Charlie moved to California to start a new life with my GGrandma's Thelma new husband Ronald Peters.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic