Search for content in message boards

Decendants of Alexander Waddell-Eleanor Roush Book, Will Do Look Ups

Decendants of Alexander Waddell-Eleanor Roush Book, Will Do Look Ups

melissa barker (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2003 4:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Attwood, Bartram, Coonrod, Drummond, Roush, Straight, Waddell
I have in my possession a book with the full title:

"Decendants of Alexander Waddell-Eleanor Roush Book Number 3 and Silas Cole Straight-Sarah Ann Attwood Book Number 1" by Mary Mildred (Green) Wood and James Allen Wood, Date 1985.

I would be glad to do any look ups in this book for anyone interested. My family connects through the Straight family so that is why I have gotten this book. It belonged to my Grandmother Ida Kathryn (Drummond) Bartram. Her mother was Lula Lavina (Coonrod) Drummond. Lula's parents were William Sherman Coonrod and Mary "Mollie" Arrila Straight.

Re: Decendants of Alexander Waddell-Eleanor Roush Book, Will Do Look Ups

Posted: 28 May 2004 9:10PM GMT
Surnames: Straight/Strait, Waddell, Corbin, Smith, Baker
Hi Melissa, I hope your email is current. My husband, Roger Smith, is a descendant of Lewis Straight and Mary Ellen Waddell throught their dau Sarah that married Newton J Baker. I am interested in contacting you about the family and swapping info. We knew Mary Mildred Green Wood and was saddened by her fairly recent death in 2003. She worked hard on the book you mentioned and was hoping that someone would take up where she had left off. I spoke to her just weeks before her passing. I was wondering about your link to the Straights and if Mary Mollie Straight you mentioned was the dau of John A and Anna Gaites Straight? If so, Roger's mom, Emma Corbin Smith, left us some old tin pictures and I have one of John and Anna Gaites Straight. Please contact me.
Straight Cousins, Rog & Carol Smith

Posted: 29 May 2004 1:39PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2004 1:49AM GMT
Dear Carolyn,

Hello, I got your post concerning the book that I
talked about.

YES, I am a direct descendant of John A. and Anna
(Gaites) Straight. I would love to get a copy of the
photos you have some how.

Here is my connection: John A. Straight and Anna
Gaites had a daughter named Mary Anna "Molly"
Straight. Molly married William Sherman Coonrod and
they had children and one of them was Lula Lavina
Coonrod who married Clarence Drummond. Clarence and
Lula Drummond's had children and one of them was Ida
Kathryn Drummond who married Forrest Cecil Bartram.
Forrest and Ida Bartram are my Grandparents. Ida is
still living.

I would be very interested in the photos of John and
Anna Gaites Straight and any others concerning the
Straights that you would be willing to share as I do
not have any.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Please contact me directly at kaitysmom@yahoo.com

Posted: 5 Feb 2009 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Waddell
Does this have a date for their Wedding. Alexander & Eleanor? My family is also descendents from Alexander & Eleanor. John Waddell his son, his son Joseph M. & so on. Doris Waddell ridewfo@cox.net

Also in your book does it list Alexander's father or mother.

Posted: 5 Feb 2009 2:39PM GMT
Hello, sorry to say that book does not record the date of Alexander Waddell's marriage to Eleanor Roush, it just says "about 1770". The book does not name the parents of Alexander, it just says that Alexander was born in Scotland in 1732, the same year as President George Washington. He came to America in 1775, possibly with General Braddock and with elder brother William.

Posted: 31 May 2010 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: Waddell Roush
Hi, My 5th great grandparents are Alexander and Eleanor Waddell. I have gleaned and researched what I can on them. I have an attachment I could send to see if you have additional information. Thank you. I sincerely appreciate your willingness to share. Marta

Posted: 31 Jul 2010 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: STRAIT, CANNADY, KENNEDY
Hi Melissa,

I've been researching the Canady/Kennedy line for my wife and have crossed into Silas Cole Strait territory. Maybe you can add to my information. His daughter Jane E. "Janie" married Henry Canady in 1849 in Zanesville, OH. They appeared on the 1850 census there under Kennedy. They evidently moved to Illinois since their son John was born in Springfield, IL. In 1860 Henry disappears (maybe for the upcoming Civil War?) and Jane appears in 1860 census with her parents in Gallia Co., OH. She then marries Samuel Buck in Gallia Co. in 1863. They appear on 1870 census there as Ruck family. Jane's son John is 13 and is with her. After that census John Buck and Jane disappear. That's my deadend. Maybe you can help. My direct email is jmac3ky@newwavecomm.net Thanks, John McDonald, Murray, KY (formerly of Ohio)

Posted: 23 Mar 2012 5:27PM GMT
Hello,
I am a direct descendant of James Waddell, Alexander Waddell's son, who moved with his whole family to Webster Township, Vernon County, Wisconsin in the 1870s. Do you know anything about that branch of the family? For example, when did they go, why did they go, etc. I have a story written by my great grandmother about the journey, but there are no dates or reasons. In her story she says James was a soldier in the Civil War, but I can't find anything in Ancestry to validate that (there are soooo many James waddells. Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Helen. p.s. my family tree is over 1,200 and growing!

Posted: 24 Mar 2012 3:35PM GMT
Sorry to say that I don't know anything about the Waddell family. I have the book because of the Straight family that is listed.

Posted: 3 Apr 2012 10:43PM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2012 10:44PM GMT
Surnames: Strait, Canady
Hi Melissa,

How nice that you are willing to do look ups. Hope the good deed comes around for you.

I have been researching E. Jane Strait as part of my wife's Canady/Kennedy history. I have found that "Janie" was born in Ohio in about 1827. She was the daughter of Silas Cole Strait and Sarah Ann (Atwood) Strait. She married Henry Canady in Zanesville, Ohio, in 1849 and gave birth to at least one child, John Canady, b. about 1857 in Springfield, Illinois. I have more info but am wondering what your book shows about Jane. Thanks, John McDonald, Murray, KY My email is jmac3ky@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions