Search for content in message boards

Cemeteries in East Ascension

Cemeteries in East Ascension

Posted: 2 Oct 2009 12:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Oct 2009 11:27PM GMT
There is a book in the State Archives concentrating totally on cemeteries in East Ascension, western part of parish excluded. I am willing to get information from the book if anyone needs it.

Re: Cemeteries in East Ascension

Posted: 2 Oct 2009 10:17PM GMT
Surnames: Niquiporo, Niquiporau, Niquiporeaux
My gggf Charles Niquiporau,Niquiporeaux or similar spelling was reported as being buried in Modeste, Ascension, La. I have been unable to locate a cemetery in the Modeste area. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 3 Oct 2009 2:53PM GMT
Modeste is in west Ascension. I will be going back to the Archives on either Monday or Tuesday. I will look for you.

Tabitha

Cemeteries in West Ascension

Posted: 3 Oct 2009 3:30PM GMT
Saint Phillip Baptist Cemetery is in Modeste.
Mount Calvary is 0.9 mi. S of Modeste.
Saint Marys is 2.91 mi NW of Modeste.

I will try to make a trip this month. These are about 30 driving miles from me because of the location of the bridge.

Posted: 20 Apr 2010 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Leggin
Hello
I 'M looking for two graves in the Prairieville old cemetery, of two children Metty Francis Leggin B. Dec 17 1944. died as a small child, about 1945 or 1947.And juanita Leggin she a small child died at the age of three(3).Jan 19 1940. East Ascension Buial in Prairieville Cemetery. they are Daughters of Mr and Mrs Gaddis Leggin.Any help would be most appreciated.
FAYE Odom
fayeodom@etigers.net

Posted: 18 Aug 2010 11:59AM GMT
I am no longer living in Louisiana, so I can no longer do lookups.

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 1:46PM GMT
Where is East Ascension? I am trying to find my father's grave, he died when I was small. I believe he is in or around New Orleans.

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 2:24PM GMT
Dawn, Not sure where you live but Louisiana has Parishes, not counties like all other states. East Ascension is Ascension Parish but described as "East Ascension" because it is on the East side of the Mississippi River. The main city on the East Ascension side is Gonzales, LA. Between Gonzales and Baton Rouge is an area called Prairieville.

Here is a link
http://www.la-cemeteries.com/Maps/Ascension/Pics/Prairievill...

It is located behind the St. John Teh Baptist Church and can be found on Google at

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&...

If you do not live close, drop me a line at joey dot niquiporo at shell dot com with your father's info and I will gladly go take a look for you. It's a BIG cemetery!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic