Search for content in message boards

Looking for info about HEARNS and MILES and YELLS Families

Looking for info about HEARNS and MILES and YELLS Families

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 8:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hearns, Yells, Miles
Hi,

I'm looking for information about the HEARNS, MILES, and YELLS families of East Carroll Parish.

Thank You.

Re: Looking for info about HEARNS and MILES and YELLS Families

Posted: 19 Apr 2011 10:11PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2011 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Atlas Facen Nervis Marshall Hearns Rosby Russell
Hi!

Thanks for posting this message. We have the Hearns surname in our family. It started with the marriage of Rachel Atlas to William Abner Hearns. The Yell family were part of a line of ministers/reverends. I've seen Rev. TE Yell in a number of records for our family. (Please see this link for context - http://blog.atlasfamily.org/2010/10/19th-century-clergy-in-e...)

Our genealogy efforts are focused on East Carroll Parish. Please feel free to visit our website http://www.atlasfamily.org to learn about our ties there and for resources on the area.

Let us know how we can be of assistance to you!

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: YELLS, HEARNS
good morning,
thank you ever so much.
i've seen your research before, never thought it would intersect although in the back of my mind i'd always thought it may!
i have a intermarriage to one of the YELLS in my tree and he was a minister.
i have not found much documentation of the HEARNS in the records in databases but some time ago found a copy of a local newspaper online, bout 10 years ago perhaps, where someone had typed in info from it. it dated from about the early 1900's. in it was extensive info about the YELLS and even mention of the HEARNS families, the latter in relationshp to some hullaballu of sorts, kinda like a local police blotter of our times. i have thought of looking for police records, do you know if they kept any? or if there were any african american newspapers in the area prior to the 1040's?
thank you for your response to my query!

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 12:36AM GMT
Looks like I am responding a whole year later. I do have some information on the Yells because this was my grandmother's best friend and I am researching her : Bessie Davis. Let me know what your are looking for, I am willing to share!!

My name is Connie Marks

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 12:40AM GMT
Surnames: miles, yells, hearns
hi,
i was just looking at this site today!
there are no coincidences.
i had an aunt who was married to a rev yells.
this had to be prior to the 1940s.
her name was nellie.
i do not know his name.
once some time ago i read of the yells family in the late 1800's in east carroll parish. their exploits had been noted in a local newspaper than someone copied onto a bulletin board. this was in the 90's online. who knows where that info is now.
i am looking for any info on a rev yells in the area and any hearns or a nancy miles who died in 1930.

Posted: 12 Apr 2014 7:06PM GMT
This is what I know about Yell

He married my grandmother Dec 1930 in Lake Providence, LA
His name was Thomas Edwin Yell and he died Ouachita Parish, LA
His children: William, Archie, Maggie, Georgia, Gertrude and Isaac
His wife's name was Betty or Elizabeth Yell
Hope this helps...let me know if you what happened to Maggie and Gertrude Yell
Thanks!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions