Search for content in message boards

Henry Downs / Lady Jane Douglas

Henry Downs / Lady Jane Douglas

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 3:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 6:12AM GMT
Surnames: Downs, Douglas
Iam looking for info on the ancestors of Lady Jane Douglas,b.1710 Scotland,married Henry Downs abt 1736,both died in Laurens Co. SC I would appreciate any info. Thanks, Pam Coulter

Re: Henry Downs' daughter Jane Downs and husband John Robinson

Sally Dennis (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2002 1:24AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 6:13AM GMT
Surnames: Downs, Robinson
Do you have the children of John Robinson that married Jane Downs daughter of Henry Downs? Thanks.

Re: Jane Downs

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 2:31PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 6:15AM GMT
Surnames: Downs, Robinson
I have the descendants of Henry Downs I but it doesn't have the Children of Jane Downs and John Robinson. Sorry Pam Coulter

Re: Henry Downs/Lady Jane Douglas

sally dennis (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2002 2:33AM GMT
Thanks anyway. Please keep me in mind if you run across them.

Re: Henry Downs / Lady Jane Douglas

sally dennis (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2002 2:07AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 6:15AM GMT
Surnames: Downs, Douglas
Could I have the names of the children of Henry Downs/Lady Jane Douglas? Thanks.

Re: Children of Henry Downs & Lady Jane Douglas

Posted: 11 Mar 2002 12:59PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 6:16AM GMT
Surnames: Downs, Douglas, Wells, Crittendon
children of Henry Downs and Lady jane Douglas
henry Downs II
Col. William downs
Richard Downs
Joshua Downs
Joseph Downs
Major Jonathon Downs
George Downs
Ambrose Downs
Elizabeth Downs Wells
Eleamor Downs Crittendon

Re: Jane Downs and John Robinson

Pam Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2003 2:54PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 6:18AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Downs, Chew, Douglas, Crockett, Dodson, Martin, Jones, Billings, Bethune
I am a direct descendent of Jane Downs and John Robinson. Their Children were:

They had their Thomas who is our direct ancestor in Mecklenburg Co, NC in 1784 they later relocated to SC Probably due to Indian wars. Their children were as follows:
1. Mildred 'Milley' Chew Robinson b: 05 MAR 1783 in SC
2. Frances Robinson
3. James Robinson
4. Henry Downs Robinson b: in SC
5. Thomas Robinson
6. John Robinson {Jr.} b: in SC
7. Samuel Robinson b: in SC
8. Jane Robinson b: in SC

Thomas Robinson married Jane Downs also, but it was the daughter of Samuel Downs, Jane his mother’s brother and Mary Crockett. Thomas was born in 1784 in Botetourt Co. VA

Although I do not know where Jane and John are buried, but it has been confirmed that Thomas and Jane Robinson are buried in the Dodson Family Cemetary in Chelsea, AL. I would love to know.

I descend from their son Milas Jay and Nancy Martin, their son Samuel Martin and Mary Ann Jones through their son Hugh Jay and Mary Ellen Billings and my Daddy Lewis Joseph Robinson and my mother Vergie Mae Bethune. This line has been in Alabama since ca. 1842.

I am still puzzled as to who John Robinson's parents are though, if anyone has a clue....Please e-mail me at: pambo@ knology.net. I've been searching for years. Lots of leads but no proof.

If you're descended from this line I have MUCH more information.

Happy hunting,
Pam Robinson

Re: John Robinson and Jane Downs

Posted: 5 Oct 2003 2:56AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 6:19AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Downs
I have been searching for years also for John Robinson (that married Jane Downs) parents. Have you learned anything?
Sally

Re: John Robinson and Jane Downs

Pam Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2003 7:07PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 6:20AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Downs, Chew
Nothing definitive. I'm looking at a Joseph Temperance Robinson and then there is a John Robinson who was the pastor of a Presbyterian church "Poplar Tent" right down the road from the Providence Presbyterian Church where Henry Downs Jr. and Frances Chew are married. These both look good. But I still have nothing concrete....It's driving me crazy too!

I know where Thomas Robinson and Jane Downs daughter of Samuel brother to Jane who married John is buried now though. It's in Shelby County Alabama. I live in Madison and plan to one day take a trip down and photograph it. We're close....just not quite there yet!

Re: Ambrose Downs

Posted: 1 Jun 2004 1:37AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 6:22AM GMT
Surnames: Downs
Could Almbrose Downs possibly be the Ambrose Downs in my husband's lineage? The info I have is that Ambrose Downs was born May 1850 in Mississippi. He fathered William Albert Down,b. 4-17-1881,who fathered Willie Downs, b. 11-10-1903, my husbands father. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions