Search for content in message boards

Charles Gay

Charles Gay

Roxanne (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 9:07PM GMT
Looking for info on Charles Gay married a widow Mary Williams Tarring. Had three sons, Edward, James, John Tarring Gay. Our branch is in Pennsylvania and i know some were in california. I am a decendant of John Thedore Gay, Sr. from Pa

Re: Charles Gay

Pat Rubincan (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2001 9:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Roxanne I am the Granddaugher of Wayne Gay. Charles' son. I have been looking for family history. My grandparents talked little of their background. I can give you a lot of information about Wayne's family and contacts. However, I know little about Charles and Mary. I would appreciate any you could give me. My father claims they are of French Irish decent. But he also says he is not sure.

Posted: 17 Feb 2002 3:49AM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2005 2:47AM GMT
Roxanne - I am descended from Charles Gay through his son, James. I have some info. on the Gay family of Coatesville, Chester County, but I am also looking for info. regarding Charles and Mary. Please post specifics of what you are looking for and I may be able to help. Anything you have on Charles and Mary would be appreciated.

Posted: 11 Nov 2004 4:59PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jun 2005 7:24PM GMT
if you have not been to the Chester County Historical Society, let me know and I may be able to find clippings on your Gays.
danoh19344@hotmail.com

Posted: 15 Apr 2005 5:07AM GMT
Surnames: g
Have you tried to get in touch with Bill Overton. Back in July 1999 he posted a list of children for Charles Gay and Mary Baker. I am trying to contact him for updates. Pat

debbie kozol (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2005 12:25AM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I don't think we are talking about the same Charles Gay. My Charles Gay was married to Mary Williams Tarring, not Mary Baker.

Posted: 18 Sep 2005 3:42AM GMT
Contact by email, would love to exchange info on james.

Anita Maddox (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2005 8:36PM GMT
As I am researching my Gay family, and have both James and Charles therein a number of times, I was interested in what the earlier post may have been to which you made this reply. However, I cannot find the earlier post. I'd really appreciate it if you would post what info is being sought on Charles Gay. Thanks so much.

Roxanne (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2005 9:04PM GMT
I am looking for decendants of Charles Gay, married to Mary Tarring. They had 3 sons, John Thaddeus, James W. and Charles Edward Gay. The lived in Port Deposit when they first came over then moved to Sadsbury twp, Lancaster, then to Sadsbury Twp, Lancaster, Then moved to Chester County Pa.
There was a reply from a person saying they were related to james but the did not post email address. Also trying to get in touch with J. Lively who is related to Mary Tarring.

Anita Maddox (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2005 12:17AM GMT
I have Charles Gays in my family from England. Do you have a date they came over and/or b.d. for Charles?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic