Search for content in message boards

Carswell Air Force Base

Carswell Air Force Base

Posted: 1 Dec 2009 10:59PM GMT
Classification: Military
Looking for anyone who was in military police, or knows of someone in military police at Carswell AFB, TX, in 1956.

Re: Carswell Air Force Base

Posted: 2 Dec 2009 11:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
You can check the various veterans sites (military.com etc) and internet for any veterans groups for the 7th Security Police Squadron from Carswell. In the 1950's they were classified as Air Police.

Posted: 2 Dec 2009 11:48PM GMT
Thank you very much. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. With no name to go by, it is hard to find what I'm looking for. I had no idea about 7th secuirty police squadron. You are very kind.

Thanks.

Posted: 3 Dec 2009 1:42AM GMT
I know they have several facebook pages for US Air Force Security Police reunion groups for servicemen going back into the 1940's. There's also the Air Force Security Police Association that might be able to point you in the right direction. Carswell was closed as an active AFB in 1994 and is now a Naval Reserve Station so thier isn't a unit historian you can check with. The major units stationed there during the 50's would have been the 7th and the 11th Bombardment Wings. Doing a search for them might also lead to some links to Air Police units staioned at the base then.

Posted: 5 Jan 2010 8:49PM GMT
If you have the name of the person, order his military records. The DD214 will not list his active unit but other docs sent may provide the missing clue.

Then, let me know what you get, takes about 9 weeks.

After finding the unit, order muster rolls for any month end using same form.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions