Search for content in message boards

Knowles in Maine

Knowles in Maine

Posted: 26 Jun 2002 2:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Mar 2005 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Knowles
HELP!!!

I'm looking for information on the Knowles family in Maine around the turn of the century. My only leads so far:
Maxcie Knowles, b.1915 in East Machias, Washington Co. Parents are Joseph and Winona (----) Knowles. First wife: Mary Fortin, five children, divorced. Moved to Pennsylvania, married again and had 8 more children. Died 1990.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you!

Re: Knowles in Maine

Posted: 17 Jul 2002 12:48AM GMT
Thought I might be able to help you, but I can not find your Maxcie Knowles in The Descendants of John Knowles 1660-1978. It's a great book on the Knowles Family, many of which were from Maine, but there is no Maxcie in the index.

Re: Maude S. Knowles m. Stephen Nichols

Posted: 13 Feb 2003 6:10AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2006 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: NICHOLS, KNOWLES
Looking for information about Maude S. Knowles b.1866 mar. to Stephen C. Nichols. Father of Maude is Benjamin F. Knowles b. 1829 ME and mother is named Irene W. b. 1845 ME. Need help with more of the Knowles ancestors.

Thanks,
Diane

Re: Maude S. Knowles m. Stephen Nichols

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 2:09AM GMT
I have a book of John Knowles 1660-1978 it has Maude and her parents, grandparentd, siblings and so on. I will email you more information if you want me to.

Thank you
Joyce Dreiling
JoyceDreiling@geusnet.com

Posted: 23 May 2010 9:25PM GMT
Would you please tell me what connection you have to the Knowles in Machias, Maine. I can fill you in if the connection is mutual. You have some info posted that is incorrect.

nortonja2008@gmail.com

Posted: 24 May 2010 12:31PM GMT
Surnames: Knowles
Hello,

There are three different major Knowles lines with descendants in Maine. Who are the parents you have identified for Joseph Knowles, the father of Maxcie Knowles mentioned above in the initial posting for this inquiry.

I'll check out what you have against the Knowles research by the KKNFA.

Rob Noles
Robert B. Noles
rbnoles@bellsouth.net
Skype Name: robert.b.noles
Mandeville, St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana
Owner / Moderator KnowlesGenealogy@YahooGroup.com
Owner / Moderator RootsWeb Email Lists:
KNOWLES@RootsWeb.com; NOLES@RootsWeb.com; KNOWLES-DNA@RootsWeb.com
The Guild of One-Name Studies, Member #4695
www.KKNFA.org

Posted: 9 Aug 2011 9:31PM GMT
We're related to the Maxie you're talking about - I think. What is your relationship? And to which one? There were a lot of them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions