Search for content in message boards

info on Toney Eleuteri, NJ

info on Toney Eleuteri, NJ

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 9:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am at a standstill in researching my husband's family. His grandmother Rose had listed on her birth certificate her parents Josephine Louvisi and Toney Eleuteri (1909, Bordentown NJ). I am looking for any proof of a divorce between the two between 1910 and 1920. Josephine moved to Lambertville NJ and had several more children with Joseph DiSalvi. Yet, later, Toney's WW1 Draft card still lists Josephine as "wife". I am also interested in proof of a marriage between Josephine and Joseph, and any death info on Toney Eleuteri. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Re: info on Toney Eleuteri, NJ

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 10:04PM GMT
Joseph Disalvi List a wife and four children on his WW1 Draft Card and he is living with Josephine and her first husband in the 1910 census.

Josephine Louisa DiSalvi
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=DI...;

Guiseppe "Joseph" DiSalvi
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=58...

Catharine Mary Margaret Phillips Troy
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=13...

1910 United States Federal Census
Name:Giosi Desalve
Age in 1910:20
Birth Year:abt 1890
Birthplace:Italy
Home in 1910:Bordentown Ward 3, Burlington, New Jersey
Race:White
Immigration Year:1906
Relation to Head of House:Boarder
Marital Status:Single
Father's Birthplace:Italy
Mother's Birthplace:Italy
Household Members:Name,Age

*I Elenteri 35 **********
Gioffini Elenteri 35 *********Josephine
Giosi Elenteri 3
Rosie Elenteri 11/12
Giosi Desalve 20 **************
Alfredo Ecresti 40
Pasquale Crencallo 30

Attachments:

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 12:36AM GMT
I have this info, but would like to know what happened to Toney Eleuteri for Josephine to live with Joseph DiSalvi and then have children thru this union. I would like to find divorce evidence from Toney, or evidence of a marriage to Joseph DiSalvi. Also, a death date for Toney Eleuteri. I have searched ancestry.com, traveled to Trenton NJ to the state archives, spent 3 years looking for these items. Any suggestions?

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 5:39PM GMT
What happened to the Joseph that was on the 1910 Census? Tony Eleuteri's son? According to the tree, another was born in 1926?.. just different surname.

I do see Tony and his son living together in 1920.

Did you ever follow up on Joseph from the first marriage? Sometimes accessing NJ records can be difficult eh?

I do have an item of interest which confirms the address that's on the 1920 census record.

Look forward to your reply.

LostQuays

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 10:50PM GMT
I have visited both Bordentown Town Records as well as the Records Archives in Trenton looking for some kind of proof of a divorce from Toney and his first wife Josephine. We do know that she later moved to Lambertville NJ and married Joseph DiSalvi. I have searched for a marriage certificate for Josephine and Joseph DiSalvi. Have begun to doubt if a divorce actually occurred or if a marriage ever really happened! Also have looked for a death date/info on Toney Eleuteri but have no info on where to begin to look (nothing is known about Toney within my husbands' family.Quite a scandal I believe!)

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 11:32PM GMT
I sent you a private message. As i sent it .. it said an error occurred. Let me know if it indeed went though.

Look forward to your reply
LostQuays

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 1:17AM GMT
I did get the message, and sent one back. The same error occurred notification came up also.

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 1:32AM GMT
I got your message.. sent you another.. though I don't get notifications that I got mail... only replies to posts.

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 2:31AM GMT
Ok, found another 1920 image.. check messages..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic