Search for content in message boards

George and Alfred Miller - Cherokee

George and Alfred Miller - Cherokee

Clella Stiles (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:30PM GMT
Looking for desc. of George, then Alfred Miller, who came into OK on the Trail of Tears.

george and alfred miller

Posted: 17 Feb 2001 3:10AM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2003 7:21AM GMT
am looking for the same george and alfred miller but reading past postings, these may not be the same family line. alfred b. 1829 illinois would have been about 8 years old at the time of the removal but family history believes that both he and his father made it. have not confirmed that his father is george b. around 1805 kentucky but strong circumstantial evidence puts them together. also alfred married lucinda leonard, and george had married betsy davidson (i think). are there any fits here?

Miller

Clella Stiles (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 10:03AM GMT
Our George and Alfred Miller were living in the Old Cherokee Nation and were in the 1835 census rolls which were taken before they took them on the trail of Tears. Sounds like we have two different lines. Clella

Re: Miller

Paula (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2002 7:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2002 7:35AM GMT
Surnames: Miller, Hicks
Alfred Miller (Cherokee) was b. abt. 1811. He married Nancy Brewer and had the following children:
Lucinda Miller
Mary Miller
William Miller
Rufus Miller
John Miller
Cornelius Miller
Catherine Miller
Martha Miller

Alfred was the son of Andrew Miller and Catherine Hicks. Other children of Andrew and Catherine were:
Andrew Miller Jr.
Avery Vann Miller
Elizabeth Miller
Isabelle Miller
Margaret Elmira Miller
Lucinda Miller

Have never heard of a George in this line.

Alfred Miller is not on the 1835 Census (Henderson Roll) because this census was head of household only.
However his brother Avery Miller is listed on in for TN. Avery Miller is also on the muster list for the George Hicks detachment on the trail of tears.
If your Alfred Miller was the son of a George Miller then it is a different one that this one who was 1/4 Cherokee and who's family was on the trail from TN to Indian Territory in 1838.

Posted: 4 Jun 2002 1:16AM GMT
I am looking for an Andrew Miller, married a margaret (maggie) sullivan. had only one son i know of in Missouri. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Sherry

russell magarity (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2002 6:50AM GMT
Surnames: Miller
sherry, i saw your query on Andrew Miller, but cannot help you much. believe the Andrew you are looking for may be the son of Alfred Miller per response from paula. This is a different miller line from the one that i was following in that the father of Alfred Miller in my line was named George, and his father named Mosas. Sorry i couldn't be of help.
russell.

Posted: 4 Jun 2002 1:16PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2003 5:16AM GMT
Russell,

At this point, anything is helpful. I got Wm Andrews name from a ss application of my grandfather . it listed his fathers name Wm Andrew Miller and His mothers Name Margaret Ann (maggie) Sullivan. My grandfather was born in or around Wappapello , Mo. IN 1900, Nothing more, so i have been grasping for straws in the dark, for any tidbit. Thank you for your help
sherry

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 9:45AM GMT
sorry dont know of him

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 2:10PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2003 5:16AM GMT
OK, thanks any ways!!

Sherry

dcline (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2002 3:11AM GMT
There are 3 Alfred Miller that I know of: Alfred son of David and Lucy Israel Miller, your Alfred who married Elizabeth Levi is the son of Andrew and Catherine McCoy(Hicks by latter marriage), and Alfred who married Nancy Brewer and was the son of George W. 'Su-Wa-Ke' Miller Sr. Proof can be found in Alfred's children applications, Lucinda-827, Rufus-163, William H-828, and Cornelius (forgot his number at this time) but all four list their grand father as George Miller. Hope this helps correct an error regarding the parents of Alfred Miller who married Nancy Brewer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic