Search for content in message boards

Morris---Morris

Morris---Morris

Martha Prator (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2004 4:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morris Morris
Mitchell Morris born 1808 S.C. married Senia Worthy, his son my grandfather Thomas R. Morris married Sarah Caroline Morris 1861in Coosa Co Al, she was the daughter of Permela Worthy Morris and James Morris, any help would be greatly appreciated. Working on two MLorris families are really hard to trace.
Martha Prator

Re: Morris---Coosa

Posted: 23 Jun 2005 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Morris
I am a descendent of William Jackson Morris born in GA in 1816, his parents from SC. He married a Jane Snider??in ~1841 in Alabama, had 2 daughters one Rebecca 1841 in AL, and sons James Baxter in 1848 and a Willy Morris in 1854 both from MS. Lost his wife Jane and remarried Sarah Elizabeth Lane in MS and had additional children Sarah (1863) Angeline (1865)from MS. They all moved to Kaufman Co. Tx before 1870 and moved to Fannin Co. after 1870 and to Van Zandt Co. after 1880 with 3 more daughters and 1 more son born in Tx. d. in Van Zandt Co. and buried at Morris Chapel in 1894. I am a descendent of James Baxter and have a lot of info. on him and some of his descendents.
I believe that my William Jackson Morris also lived in Coosa before moving to MS abt. 1845 and he is a a descendent fo William Alonzo and his first wife. I am looking for proof.

Posted: 13 Jul 2007 6:06PM GMT
Hi,
I am also a descendent of William Jackson Morris. His son, Wiley R. Morris, would be my great grandfather and I am also looking for any information you might have about this family.
I can't get any further information on William Jackson Morris or Eliza Jane Snider. Do you have any more information?

I was often told by my father that our relatives came from Ireland and am trying to find that connection but unfortunately have not been able to do so. Have you ever heard of this Ireland connection?

I would love to hear from you.

Thank you.
Lori

Posted: 5 Nov 2007 1:15AM GMT
I can not beleive that I did not receive your message. Another cousin and I have been working on William for several years. Our WJM was not the one that was in Coosa. Was your Wiley boern in MS abt 1853 and went to TX. Contact me at bggabby@charter.net Thanks Grant Davis

Posted: 26 May 2014 8:16PM GMT
Hi Cuz-Going thru old msg boards.

Posted: 26 May 2014 11:23PM GMT
That was a while ago.....2007? We sure have been trying to solve this puzzle for a long time and you and Lisa even longer....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic