Search for content in message boards

Fanny WHITE Greene Co,TN ca 1790

Fanny WHITE Greene Co,TN ca 1790

Sanda (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2001 6:55AM GMT
Lost: one female ancestor
Looking in E TN, VA, NC area.
I know she was born VA. The one I'm looking for her maiden name was Couch.
I hypothesis my Fanny may have been briefly married to a WHITE and either moved to the Greene Co, TN area shortly before or after the marriage to White.
If anyone out there knows anything about this couple - do you have them on your tree with little "White" kids - if so she isn't mine. Any info on this lady I would be most appreciative. Fanny married John Samples in Greene Co, Tn 1792. They moved to GA ca 1832, with, I thought, all of their kids, but it is very possible she could have had one or two "White" kids and they could have had 2-3 "Samples" kids that decided to stay in TN somewhere (I'm looking at Blount Co area)

Thank you for your assistance.
Sandra

FANNNY

mindy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2001 4:51PM GMT
I CAN'T SAY FOR SURE BUT YOU NEVER KNOW. I HAVE JUST STARTED TRACING MY HUSBANDS FAMILY AND I FOUND SOME NAMES BUT CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING YET. ONE OF MY HUSBANDS GRANDFATHERS WAS MARRIED TO A WOMAN WHO WAS CALLED FANNY. THE STORY TOLD IS THAT MR. WHITE'S FRIST WIFE DIED AND FANNY MARRIED HIM TO RISE THE CHILD. I BELIVE HIS NAME WAS DR, BUFORD WHITE, BUT I'M NOT SURE. WHAT I DO KNOW ABOUT HER IS THAT THEIR WAS A NEWPAPER CLIPPING PICTURING HER BECAUSE SHE WAS 100 YEARS OLD. GOOD- LUCK IN YOUR JOURNEY, THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN AROUND LEWISBUG TN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic