Search for content in message boards

John Proctor Descendant?

John Proctor Descendant?

Posted: 15 Mar 2010 7:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Proctor, Jenney
I'm tracing my husband's family. I found a Susanna Proctor (of Mass.) married to Levi Jenney. Then it gets confusing...anyone know anything? Thanks in advance :)

Re: John Proctor Descendant?

Posted: 6 Sep 2010 6:54PM GMT
I am a descendant of John Proctor through his son Thorndike Proctor. Do you have any other information on your family? I don't see anyone name Susanna right off, but dates might help.

Re: John Proctor Descendant?

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 5:17PM GMT
Surnames: Terry, Proctor, Procter, Alden
I know a Susanna Proctor (sometimes spelled Procter) married Levi Jenney (sometimes spelled Jenny or Jenne). I think she was born around 1781. Some sources have said she was born in Dartmouth, Mass. In my research sometimes her parents are listed as a Samuel Proctor (sometimes a Jr) and a Susanna Alden (but sometimes her mother is different according to different sources). There are SO many Samuel Proctors from that area of Mass. and it's gotten quite confusing. Thank you for any information you might be able to provide. BTW, Levi and Susanna's children were William Proctor Jenney and Caroline Coleman Jenney (who is my husband's ancestor).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions