Search for content in message boards

Abiel Dunham

Abiel Dunham

Posted: 12 Aug 2001 8:47PM GMT
Surnames: Dunham Abiel
Abiel Dunham lived in Attleboro, MA and served in the Revolution. He married Ruth Cobb on July7, 1761. They had a son named David who moved to NY?? and later to MI. HIs son, Clifford Melvin Dunham lived in MI. Clifford's son, Andrew Melvin Dunham moved to NH around 1900 and is my great grandfather. Any information as to Abiel's parents or other relatives would be great.

Thanks,

Bruce Coburn

David DUNHAM (ca. 1774 - 1865, Plainwell, Allegan, MI)

Marilyn Roth (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2001 7:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you know whether your David was this one? I'm not positive but think these are all the same David, bu. Woodside Cem., Allegan Co., MI:

1820: Henrietta, Ont./Monroe Co., NY, aged 45+.
1830: aged 50+, Orleans Co., NY.
1840, 60+, Eaton Co., MI.
1850: 75, Eaton Co., MI, near sons Hartwell & Calvin DUNHAM. Death cert. for Hartwell (1822 -1898) says s/o David DUNHAM & { _ PURSON?}. Hartwell was of Watson, Allegan Co., MI, in 1870 & '80, m. Julia Ann HURLBURT (1823 - 1897, bu. E. Martin Cem., Allegan Co., MI).

One wife of David was Sarah (1772 - 1865). --from "Dunham Dispatch" by Phyllis KITSON.

Re: David DUNHAM (ca. 1774 - 1865, Plainwell, Allegan, MI)

Posted: 8 Oct 2001 12:48AM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2001 2:30PM GMT
This is the same David as my family. He is brother to Silas who is also b uried Woodside Cemetary.. If I can help. et me know. Jean

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 12:01AM GMT
Hi Marilyn,
Thanks for the information. This is my ancestor David Dunham. I will e-mail you with some additional information I have.

Thanks,
Bruce Coburn

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 12:07AM GMT
Hi Jean,
Thanks for your reply. I will get back to you with the information I have and some questions.

Thanks,

Bruce Coburn

Re: Abiel Dunham

Posted: 22 Mar 2005 9:31PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jun 2005 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Dunham, Montgomery, Hurlburt
If Abiel Dunham is the father of David Dunham, bur Woodside Cemetery, Gun Plain, Allegan Co., MI and this David is the father of Hartwell Dunham who m. Julia Ann Hurlburt, this is my family and I am eager to exchange information. I have a Dunham Puzzle: How were Albert Seneca Dunham, son of Seneca Dunham, who was son of Edward Dunham, Revolutionary War Pensioner, and Amelia Dunham, daughter of Hartwell Dunham - how were they related? Family tradition says they were cousins, but I lack proof.

Posted: 22 Mar 2005 9:48PM GMT
Jean,

We're both still looking. Someday. If the David Dunham bur. Woodside Cemetery, Gun Plain, Allegan Co., MI is the father of my Hartwell Dunham, I'm one step farther back. Hartwell's Death Certificate (1898) says his father was David Dunham and his mother ____________ Purson (Parson, Pearson, Pierson, Purson?) How was the Silas buried in Woodside next to David Dunham and Sarah related to David? And which Silas on your side was he? Gordon Remington, a professional genealogist, has Henrietta, NY Dunhams and I'm thinking of paying him to research for me. Would you be interested in getting together for a professional search? Betty

Posted: 22 Mar 2005 11:06PM GMT
Yes, I believe you are on the right track. Henrietta is not in ONT, but Mondroe Co., NY, originally Ontario Co. Hartwell Dunham was my great great grandfather. If you have more information, please contact me. Betty

Betty Brown (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2005 11:08PM GMT
I misspelled Monroe Co. NY. Sorry.

Posted: 8 Apr 2005 6:44AM GMT
Bruce,
I think he may be my great great great great grandfather. If we was the father of Hartwell Dunham, my great great great grandfather, I'm sure but need proof. Anything you can tell me will be much appreciated. I'll be pleased to exchange information. I have visited Woodside Cemetery and photographed the David Dunham and Silas Dunham graves.
Betty
per page

Find a board about a specific topic