Search for content in message boards

LOOKING FOR GRANDFATHER'S FAMILY

LOOKING FOR GRANDFATHER'S FAMILY

JOAN GAY RICKS (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2001 6:53PM GMT
I AM THE GRANDDAUGHTER OF CHARLES(CHARLIE)GAY
HE WAS BORN: OCT. 19, 1887. HE WAS MARRIED
TO SARAH TONI/TONEY, SHE HAD A SISTER NAMED
LUCY(LUDA). MY GRANDPARENTS HAD A PAIR OF TWINS, STERLING AND EARL GAY.
MY GRANDMOTHER'S SISTER LIVED IN ROCKY MOUNT
NORTH CAROLINA. 803 EAST GRAND AVENUE. FROM
1930 THRU 1960'S.
A LOT OF US IN NYC,PENN AND FLORIDA, ARE LOOKING FOR OUR RELATIVES.
If you have any info. Please, Please contact me.

Gay's from Rocky Mount

Posted: 4 Apr 2001 9:39PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2006 2:14AM GMT
My mother is Barbara Gay Kuper. Her mother is Beatrice Billups Gay. Her father was Walter Horne Gay. His father was Redman M. Gay born about 1828 in North Carolina (family stories say Rocky Mount). I believe his father was Kinchen Gay. His father was Isham Gay. Kinchen had the following children: Redman, William T., Kinchen Jr., Joseph, and Edith (who marrked John Crone from Goldsboro, North Carolina). Redman had the following children: Walter Horne, Joe William, James Redman, Thomas Ben, Charles Albert, Adelaide Virginia (married Minson Jones), William Allen, Archer B. Redman, George Pittman. These children were born from around 1850s to 1860s. If anybody out there fits in this family, please reply.

Bunion Horne Gay

Rhonda (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2001 8:56PM GMT
My grandfather's name was Bunion Horne (Horn) Gay. I don't know anything about him except that he was born 7/4/1869. He is my brick wall. My father says that he grew up with a family whose last name was Miller in Washington County, Fl. I thought that there might be some connection with the middle name Horne since that is such an uncommon name. Let me know if you have anything that might connect. Rhonda

Charles Gay

Posted: 11 May 2001 4:38AM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2002 2:22PM GMT
I am the gggranddaughter of Charles and Sarah Gay. Charles was born c1792, probably in Orange Co., VA He died in Nash Co., NC. I have information that I am willing to share on this family. Pat Nelson nels095@attglobal.net

Re: Charles Gay

Posted: 15 Jul 2001 3:54AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2005 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: GAY/HUMPHREYS/HOUSTON/FOWLER
If you are sure that Charles Gay was born in the states, then I'm probably barking up the wrong TREE....no pun intended...ha ha....My GGGrandmother was Sarah G Gay. She was born in Oct 1816......but she came to the states from Ireland.......therefore she was born in Ireland, which means that her father was probably born in Ireland too. Searching desperately for history on my GRANDMOTHER & GRANDFATHER.......SARAH G GAY.......AND HER HUSBAND WAS RICHARD HUMPHREYS........RICHARD WAS BORN on Mar 13, 1791....and he came over from IRELAND too........Thanks..........If you have more names and history, please email me..........I have many more names......and can tell you our Sarah Gay/Humphreys childrens names also.............

Posted: 15 Jul 2001 12:28PM GMT
Surnames: Gay
I think we are looking at two different trees. One place list Charles Gay and Sarah ? married in 1817. He was listed on the census for Halifax Co., NC in 1820 as having a female over 20 and one female under 5. 1850 census shows that he was 58 and Sarah was 55. Wish we could connect, this has been a hard family to trace.

Re: Gay's from Rocky Mount

Posted: 7 Aug 2001 1:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2001 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Gay, Owens
I am related to a Isam Gay married to Sarah Owens

Posted: 7 Aug 2001 4:58AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2005 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: GAY
Did CHARLES GAY have a DAUGHTER by the name of SARAH G GAY, born OCT 1816? This is my GGGrandmother. PLEASE REPLY asap. Going crazy trying to find her roots.

Posted: 7 Aug 2001 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: Gay
How I wish I could reply in the affirmative to your query. The first child of my GGgrandparents, Charles and Sarah Gay, was Caroline, b. c1818. This has been a very hard family for me to find information on.
Pat

Re: Gay's from Rocky Mount

Posted: 7 Aug 2001 3:26PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2006 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: Gay, Owens, Daughtery
Hi Brian,

The Isham Gay in my family died around 1790 and was married to a Mary Daughtery. His sons, Kinchen and Eaton were around 10-12 years old at the time and they were bound over their uncle Joseph Daughtery in 1791. Evidently Joseph raised them. Is it possible that your Isam is the same one possibly married to Sarah Owens before Mary Daughtery? Do the dates of your Isham match up?

Lynn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic