BILLMEYER, ELLIS

Posted: 24 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 10 Sep 2001 8:51PM GMT
Surnames: BILLMEYER, BODINE
from 1878 History of Fayette County, IA
Auburn Township
page 749-50

BILLMEYER, ELLIS, farmer, Sec. 26; P.O. Douglass; born in Columbia Co., Penn., in 1826. Married Matilda BODINE in 1844; she was born in the same county in 1826; have nine children - Christian, William, Emma, Ella, Eliza, Josepine, Charles, Rittie and Clara; lost one child, Margaret. Came to this county in 1855 and settled on his present estate; owns 390 acres of land, also has a saw-mill in conneciton with his farm. Held the office of Pathmaster and School Director some years and is one of the early settlers in this vicinity; is also a member of the M.E. Church.

Re: BILLMEYER, ELLIS

Posted: 17 Mar 2005 3:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Doris
I just found this area on the message boards a few days ago and have been going through some of the messages and came across this one. I too am related to Ellis Billmeyer. His daughter Clara Belle is my gggrandmother. Do you have any information about the rest of the family or what became of them? Also am researching the family of Moses Dwello who also lived that area. Clara Belle married William David Dwello, son of Moses. Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Mary Bagby (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2006 1:00AM GMT
I, too, am a decendent of Ellis and Matilda Billmeyer. Their daughter Ellen ( Not Ella ) was my gggrandmother. Her tombstone says Ella but her given name was Ellen Mary Billmeyer. She married a man named Bopp and is burried in the Bopp family plot n Hawkeye, Iowa. My mother knew her and was sure of the correct first name. Ellen named her daughter ( my ggrandmother) Margaret Matilda Billmeyer, possibly after her sister and mother.

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 8:33PM GMT
Clara Belle Billmeyer Dwello is my husband's great grandmother. Her son Frederick was his grandfather. He died of a heart attach while working in a CC camp - he was only in his forties. My father-in-law (Frederick's son) is still alive. If you want to contact Dwight and his wife let me know and I will give you their information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic