Search for content in message boards

Mary Reynolds

Posted: 23 Jan 2008 5:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any information i could get for Mary Reynolds. From the info i got which is very little is that she was born Dec 5 1832 in Indiana. She married Isaac Franklin Forbes in November of 1854 in schuyler co missouri. i dont know where she died and i dont know when and i have no idea of her parents or any brothers in sisters. The family stories are that she was either full blooded or part Cherokee indian. Whether or not this is true i dont know but i do have a picture of her so if anyone has any info or anything like that email me at pearsonj1983@yahoo.com.
Thank you
Joe Pearson

Re: Mary Reynolds

Posted: 10 Feb 2008 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: Mary Reynolds
Joe - I am not familiar with the workings of the Cherokee
but having grown up on the border between the Cheyenne and
Standing Rock reservations in South Dakota, USA, I am aware
that most tribal headquarters of most tribes keep quite good records of their people. If you have not tried that
route try contacting the headquarters of the Cherokee Nation
close to where you may have some geographical place in your
existing info on Mary. If that doesn't work I would suggest
North Carolina or Oklahoma for a start.
I relate to your search, my gg grandpa Reynolds seems to just have popped out of NJ and I been looking for 9 years for his roots. Good luck.

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 2:05PM GMT
Joe....I did a quick look up because I have a Mary Reynolds in my Durler tree...however, they are not the same...but I did find your Mary Reynolds Forbes as follows:

1870 Census in Liberty, Schuyler, MO: Isaac 38, Mary 39 with 8 chldren - Matilda 16, Richard 14, Isaac 12, Martha 11, Mary E 10, Emily 7, Melissa 5, Abraham 2 Note all the children born in Missouri

1880 Census in Polk, Adair, MO: Isaac 48, Mary 48, Emily J. 16, Melissa 15, Abram 12

Hope this helps a bit... Sharen Durler Pflughoeft

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 2:23PM GMT
Whoops...1860 Census also shows up in Liberty, Schuyler, MO:
Isaac 28, Mary 29 (shows Born in Iowa, but when you look at the census record, it is probably Indiana), Matilda 5, Richard 4, Isaac 2, Martha 1

And then in 1900 Census Union, Polk, MO Isaac now 68 is living with son Richard and his wife Ellen and family and is noted as widower....so more than likely Mary did die in Missouri and probably in or around Schuyler or Polk Missouri.

You might try the Pre-1910 On Line Death Database for the State of Missouri. Good Luck...Sharen Durler Pflughoeft

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 12:27AM GMT
I too, am searching Indiana reynolds, around terre haute and brazil,in. have very little info. my line is jabez and sarah skimore reynolds parents of jane reynolds.thats my knowledge of the family.big thanks .....Brenda ps this family does not show in census either??????

Re: William Reynolds - Mary Anderson

Posted: 12 Apr 2010 5:09PM GMT
Surnames: Reynolds - Anderson - Cottrell - Miller - Luker

William b. 1802 Reynolds
I am seeking any possible leads to a Reynolds ancestor.
Records I have of my William Reynolds, b -poss. 1802 NJ.
Birth date from info on grave head stone and receipt for same.
Parents possibly David and Nancy Jackson Reynolds of
NJ or NY. Have only family stories to support the actual
existence of these two. Name David may be a middle name.
William left NJ abt. 1834/1835 and settled in Bartholomew
Co. IN. This journey may have been in the company of a
Miles and Lydia Cottrell Reynolds also of NJ and involved
stops in Ohio and Illinois. Miles was the son of James and
Margaret Peggy (Miller) Reynolds of NJ. Have a good deal
of info on Miles and James but can establish no relation-
ship to William 1802. They are living close to Wm. during
residence in IN. and at auction of Wm's. assets upon his
death in 1853 in IN.
William m. Mary Anderson b.abt 1821, "near Trenton" NJ.
Mary was of the John B. Anderson and Mary Burke family.
Mary R. moved with her parents to IN abt. 1834 at age 13.
William R. and Mary A. were married Sept. 10, 1837. IN.
Children of this union were, Richard 1838, Samuel 1839/40,
Lewis Gordon 1841, William Ardra 1843, Aletha abt.1847,
David 1853 and John abt. 1854. All children were born in IN.
William died in IN 1853, Mary remarried to Freedom Luker
moved to Waterville, MN. abt 1860 with family.
My brick wall begins with the William poss. b. 1802 in NJ.
I can find nothing back beyond that. NJ as birth place for Wm.
obtained from death certs. of two of Wms. sons and some
census detail out of IN.
I have contributed DNA to the Reynolds DNA project within
the last year. These results can be viewed at the web site of
that project and referring to Monmouth Co/Kit 74905 should
anyone care to compare test results.
I would be grateful for any possible lead.
Thank you all.

Wayne Reynolds SD sacafrat1@wildblue.net

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 5:22AM GMT
Surnames: Reynolds, Slaughter
Not much out there on this family.
Charles and Jane Slaughter are in the 1910 (children Dollie and Charley) and 1930 census (no children).
I saw elsewhere that you knew son Benjamin Slaughter was in an orphanage -- he appears there in the 1930 census. 1910 also seems to indicate that his older brother Charley was in an orphanage for at least a while as an infant.
Can't find any of the family in 1920.
There is a WWI Draft Registration for Charley Slaughter in Terre Haute listing his nearest relative as Rebbeca Bertman.
Did Charley and Jane separate for a while? Or divorce?

The 1910 census (hard to locate because the family name is indexed as "Glaughter") shows a Wm. Reynolds as a boarder with Charles and Jane, plus 3 Reynolds children.

Speculation, working back from 1910 Wm. Reynolds. In 1900 Vigo there are what look like 4 Reynolds siblings living in the Nevins township of Vigo (John W., Francis M., William, Luther). Their parents born Kentucky and Indiana. The nearest match for these in 1880 is the family of Thomas and Nancy E. Reynolds in Lawrence County, Indiana. Children include John W., Mary J., and William H.
No provable link between these people and the 1910 Slaughter household, but perhaps worth checking into.

I can find no record anywhere of a Jabez and Sarah Reynolds in Indiana. If you have any documentation of those names, you might post it -- perhaps someone will have a connection.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic