Search for content in message boards

Nathaniel & Abigail Owen - Sheffield,Berkshire Co., MA

Nathaniel & Abigail Owen - Sheffield,Berkshire Co., MA

Posted: 12 Jun 2010 9:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Feb 2011 6:40PM GMT
Surnames: Owen
I am looking for any descendants of Nathaniel Owen and his wife Abigail. They lived in Sheffield,Berkshire county, Massachusetts in the later 1700s. Nathaniel was born around 1732. They moved to the Bern and Penfield areas of New York, Monroe and Albany counties, Their children were Joseph, Samuel, Sally, William (my direct), Miner, Lovicy, Nathaniel, Warren, Oladine, Orange, Ira & Henry. Would like to find anyone who is related to any of these people for sharing and discovery. I am interested in any information and have info to share. Later generations were in Ontario and Yates counties of New York and then west to Illinois (my side). Anything but anything is appreciated.
Thank you.

William Owen

Posted: 6 Feb 2011 5:30PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2011 6:39PM GMT
Hi Janis, I am glad to see someone besides myself is interested in this line. I too descend from Nathaniel's son William, whose descendents took up permanent residency in Michigan. I expect you have already read the book 'history of Armenius Owen's family'. Please drop a line when you are able.

Re: Nathaniel & Abigail Owen - Sheffield,Berkshire Co., MA

Posted: 7 Feb 2011 4:23PM GMT
NEHGS vitals for Sheffield

Children of Nathaniel and Abigail Owen
Joseph b. Jan.26, 1759
Samuel b. Mar.20. 1761
Sarah b. Dec. 25, 1761
William b. Dec. 30, 1763
You most likely have this info.
Tina

Re: Nathaniel & Abigail Owen - Sheffield,Berkshire Co., MA

Posted: 14 Apr 2011 8:39PM GMT
I have a 5th great Grandfather named Miner Owen and whose parents where Nathaniel and Abigail Owen. Miner's daughter, Caroline, married Isaac Loring. Miner Owen and the Loring's stayed in Sheffield, Massachusetts.

Re: William Owen

Posted: 9 Jun 2011 7:42AM GMT
Do you happen to know where I can get a copy of this book? I have bits and pieces of Calvin Owen's diary and all the good things he wrote down but am waiting to get my hands on the whole thing. I hope all who answered my query will write to me and we can share.

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 1:59PM GMT
Hi Janis:

I think I saw a copy of this book in the Toledo, Ohio library system. I know that the LDS church library does have a copy. It is on microfilm there I believe. Here is a link to the lds record, you may be able to order it on microfilm through your local lds family research center.

Link:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermain...

Thanks,
Doug Hoppe

Posted: 24 Nov 2011 8:15PM GMT
Frustratingly, our copy of the Armenius Owen book disappeared in the course of moving my mother's things after her death. There is a copy (or at least a microfilm) at the LDS library.

I am a descendant of Armenius Owen (son of William and brother of Calvin Wooster)through his youngest daughter by his second wife, Ellen (Smith) Stone. Martha W. Owen married Otis Ellis Hovey, whose daughter Ellen C. Hovey was my grandmother.

I would love to see a new book which seems to be a transcription of the diary of Calvin Wooster Owen of Penfield, NY.

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 7:03PM GMT
Surnames: Armenius Owen child of William Owen Rev War Patriot
I stumbled on this message board in researching Armenius Owen and his wife Almira. I am not related to the Owen family but have been researching Armenius who had 11 children, 6 son and 5 daughters. Armenius and his wife Almira are buried IN oak Grove Cemetery, Manchester, Washtena wCo., Michigan. Five of the sons of Armenius were in the Civil War, this is my focus on my research on the Owen family. In particular William. William who died in 1864 in Riga, Lenawee Co., Michigan is buried also on the plot with Armenius and Almira. I discovered through here and in some online trees, that Armenius was probably married 2 or maybe even 3 times.

I have been in the DAR membership data base and found all DAR members who are descendants of Armenius; father William Owen, born 12-29-1764 SHEFFIELD BERKSHIRE CO MASSACHUSETTS abd ded 5-16-1833 PENFIELD NEW YORK. I am a member of the DAR

I have correctly posted Armenius, Almira and William on findagrave. Other postings for the Owen family in Oak Grove, do not contailn ALL of the information.

I have cemetery records, and other info collected on ?Armenius to share.

In particular I am looking for information on 1 of the 5 Civil War vets, son of Armenius. James A. Owen born 1834. James is shown with wife Eliza and 2 sons in 1900 federal census in Missouri. Woudl like to know death date and burial of James.

Also would love to know if the book is available other than LDS. I have checked Amazon. Is there a new book???? I have not had good luck in the past obtaining books from the LDS, this has been some years, maybe it has changed. I don't see a film number in the LDS for this book.

Karen Jenter
Manchester, Washtenaw Co., Michigan

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: Owen Havens Chase
I too am a descendant of William Owen through his daughter Louisa. She married John Havens. Their daughter was Abigail Havens, who married Joseph Johnson Chase (b. 1819). Abigail and Joseph were my great grandparents.

I am going to upstate NY on October 16 for two weeks to search these individuals.

What was the maiden name of Nathaniel Owen's wife Abigail and when and where were they married and died??

The above Louisa Owen had a son named ARMENIOUS!!

I would be happy to share info and photos.

Rex Chase
Berkeley CA
email: rexchase@aol.com

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 9:38PM GMT
I don't believe anyone has confirmed much information on Nathaniel and Abigail Owen. All that is known of Nathaniel is that he had two brothers, nine sons and three daughters.

I was able to find an Owen family (Joseph and Elizabeth (Williams) Owen) who had three sons, one of which (John), moved from Braintree, Mass to Sheffield, Berkshire, Mass. This John Owen had a younger brother Nathaniel Owen, but, although the time period would be close, no records have been found connecting this Nathaniel as our own Nathaniel Owen.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions