Search for content in message boards

McCULLOUGH

Posted: 16 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jan 2002 11:48AM GMT
Surnames: Floyd, Mosely, Harris, Hodges, Ponder, Lee, Flanders, Hall
Martha[Mattie]Jane McCullough 1856-1943 was an Native American in Early Co. and Baker Co. areas. She married Dick Floyd 1852-1934 and both are buried at Donaldsonville, Ga.
Their daughter Ida Floyd married Jim Buck Mosely.
Any information on these families are appreciated. Any suggestions as to how I may obtain necessary info on how I can determine which tribe the McCulloughs were connected,
would be wonderful ! Thank you kindly, Nancie SC

McCullough

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2001 11:58AM GMT
Surnames: McCullough
My Grandmother was a Mcullough, her name was Mattie Lydard McCullough and she was born on 9 July 1889 in Blakely, Early Co., Georgia, she married my Grandfather Marion Mathew Ferguson on 14 February 1909 in Jackson County, FL
my understanding was that it was the Blackfoot Sioux tribe the McCulloughs were connected to, I hope this is of help to you

Re: McCULLOUGH

Posted: 4 Jul 2004 2:53AM GMT
This message is a long time later, but I'm looking, so I guess you could still be looking.
I have that Martha J. McCullough was the daughter of Joseph McCullough, b. abt 1830 in GA, d. 1860/70 possibly in Emanuel, GA, m. 12 Jan 1852/54 in Montgomery, GA to Sarah Ann Mosely, b. 1828/31 Montgomery, GA.
Joseph's parents: Charles McCoullough, and Easter Esther Rewis.
Sara's Parents: William Brantley Mosely, Jr. and Lavena Sillivant
Charles' father: Joseph???McCollough.
Esther's parents: John???? Rewis and Mary???
Wm Brantley's Parents: Wm. Brantley Sr. and Sarah Phillips.
Joseph and Sarah Ann's children:
Wm. J, Martha J., Charles M., Elizabeth, Lucinda, Eli, Bartow and Sarah.
This is just the sketch. Did not include all the places and dates since I don't know if this e-mail will be followed up on.
Can reach me at lindaann@bellsouth.net.
Linda Daughtry

Re: McCullough

Posted: 4 Jul 2004 3:40AM GMT
Can you tell me anything about the McCulloughs and the Sioux Indians? When I was a little girl my mother told me that my grandfather had said he was part Indian His mother was a McCullough (McCullars). They were from Georgia.
Reply to: lindaann@bellsouth.net.

Re: McCULLOUGH - (Mattie)

Deborah Poole (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2006 9:26PM GMT
I am searching for info on Matthew Jordan McCullers, married to Ida. They are on the 1910-Census, Donaldsonville GA in Decatur Co. My grandmother, Ruth McCullers (maiden name) was their daughter. She can be found on that census. My grandmother said Matthew had a sister named Mattie who was married to a Floyd. On the above census, John W. and Mattie J. Floyd, and son James Floyd are shown as living next door to Matthew McCullers family. I wonder if your Mattie McCullough married to Dick Floyd is the same as my Mattie McCullers married to John. I am now curious if my Mattie is of native-american descent? Some msg boards have that the McColloughs/McCullers are connected to the Blackfoot Sioux tribe. If anyone has any information on this McCullers family, please email me - debpoole@sowega.net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions