Search for content in message boards

WILL Family

Posted: 27 Dec 2006 1:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Will
I am looking for info regarding a Will family. I am descended from Ernst (or Ernest) and Emilie (or Amilia) Will. Children Adolph, Edward, Otto, and Emma. Family moved to South Dakota in 1910's. Children were born in Nebraska, West Point area. I have found the family in Garfield Township, Cuming Co, living next to H. C. Will, whom I believe to be Ernst's brother. I found Ernst and Henry living with Charles and Mary in 1880 Cuming township.

Adolph died 1911, Ernst died 1935, and Emilie died 1959. All three buried in Plainview Memorial Park Cemetery. Obituaries?

I see that there is a Carl Will listed in "ECHOES OF THE PAST and ALONG PIONEER TRAILS in PIERCE COUNTY, NEBRASKA" by Esther Kolterman Hansen. Does anyone have access to this book?

Is there a census for 1910 online or otherwise accessible? From the looks of things, they should've been in Pierce Co in 1910.

Otto may have moved back to Nebraska with Ernst and Emilie. Edward and Emma stayed in South Dakota.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! Maria Barnhardt

Re: WILL Family

Posted: 14 Jan 2007 11:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Will Schmidt
On behalf of the Lied Pierce (Nebraska) Public Library we were able to find the obituary for Emilie Will.

The family was on the 1910 Pierce County, Dry Creek Precinct census; Ernest, Emilee, Adolph 16; Edward 15; Otto 13; Emma 8. The Echoes of the Past is translated and on the Pierce County GenWeb site as "Pioneer Trails".

Norfolk Daily News; Norfolk, Nebraska; 30 September 1959 – page 13

Mrs. Ernest Will

Plainview, Neb. – Funeral services for Mrs. Ernest Will, 89, who died Thursday at Norfolk, were held Monday at Zion Lutheran Church here. The Rev. Virgil Brack officiated.

Burial was in Memorial Park Cemetery at Plainview and pallbearers were Fred and Freddie Dedlaw, Ernest Schulty, Ray Boies, Edward Rafert and Herman Rehfeld.

Emilie Will was born March 13, 1870, at Strausburg, Germany, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ludwig Will. She was baptized and confirmed in the Lutheran Church in Germany. She died at the age of 89 years, 6 months and 12 days.

At the age of 18 she came to the United States and for a time lived in Cleveland. She later came to West Point.

She was married to Ernest Will Aug. 25, 1890. They had five children.

Several years later the family moved to Plainview, then to Lemon, S.D., and back to Plainview.

Survivors include one daughter, Mrs. Emma Schmidt, Lemon, S.D., one son, Edward, Plainview; five grandchildren, and nine great grandchildren.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic